Windows Sync Client 2.4.8

Friday, 09/09/2011, 12:39 AM by Anton Molokoedov

We released an important update for the Windows Sync Client today - the version 2.4.8. It has an improved sync algorithm and should solve sync issues on some configurations.

Please notice that this update requires a complete reinstall of the Windows Sync Client. When the Windows Sync Client detects the update and you confirm its installation, it will try to uninstall the old version automatically and download the new version.

If it shows the installation window with options to restore or uninstall and does nothing on its own, you need to select the Uninstall option and download the Windows Sync Client from our website (http://www.mobilenoter.com/Download). Or you can type the direct path to the file into the address bar of your web browser- you'll see a window with the path.

If the MobileNoter uninstallation window doesn't appear at all, follow the instructions in displayed window - you'll need to make reinstallation manually.

Because the Windows Sync Client 2.4.8 is a fresh install, you may need to configure proxy in it (if required) and make sure that it's not blocked by the firewall/antivirus software. If you see a security warning from your firewall/antivirus, please select the option that you trust this application and it shouldn't be blocked.

Comments

9/2/2011 6:31:36 PM #

I used to depend on Mobilenoter and use it daily. Since the recent updates it has become useless to me. I cannot sync it. I have tried everything suggested on this site and nothing works. I followed the installation instructions to the letter, I have bonjour installed and both bonjour and mobilnoter cleared through my firewall, I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, restarting my computer between steps each time. Now all I have is an empty Mobilenoter app on my iPad that refuses to sync to my PC - this app is now totally worthless and has been for weeks. You need to fix this NOW.

Mark Calhoun |

9/4/2011 2:44:16 PM #

Mark, please check the Wi-Fi General tab of the Windows Sync Client. If it detects any possible problems with the synchronization, it writes there what is required to be fixed.

9/5/2011 10:01:11 AM #

I have exactly the same problem. The Wi-Fi General tab of the Windows Sync Client has no problem and the firewall permissions in Windows 7 32-Bits for the port 41982 have been granted. I tried even set up port foward on my router, but I was not happy. Initially, the iPad app recognizes Windows Sync Client, but when trying to sync fails after an interminable period of "preparation". After that, the Wi-Fi network in the iPad app is no longer available.

Recently I tried turning off the Windows firewall and it worked sometimes. But even so, the synchronization time is absurdly high.

Adriano de Sousa |

9/2/2011 7:40:31 PM #

You guys infuriate me so much. I'd just got sync working with 2.4.7 and now you've broken it all over again. I am now getting duplicate copies of notebooks appearing in MN.

Of the two copies of each notebook, one contains section headings but no note pages. The other allows editing and adding notes but does not sync them. The sync process appears to work - no error messages or anything - but changes on either side are not synced.

It is way beyond a joke now. I have tried uninstalling both MN and client, I have tried dropping data, hard resetting. I mean, really, none of this should be necessary - why doesn't your software clean up its own previous versions?

I tried reinstalling 2.4.7 but it made no difference. Even when I untick all the boxes in the "Notebooks to sync" dialog it still syncs all of the notebooks it used to but without any new notes or edits. Once I retick notebooks I start getting the dual copies again.

Please tell me how I can make a fresh start with 2.4.8 - I don't know if it is the sync client or MN on  my iPad but some settings somewhere are not getting purged even after a software uninstall.

craig |

9/3/2011 8:00:13 AM #

I can't believe you'd release a new version of the sync client with major changes in it and then have no one around to support it - are you actually taking MN seriously? Look how many 1-star reviews you currently have in iTunes store. If it was me I'd be working around the clock to sort this out. Actually, I almost am - have spent more than six hours now trying to get this working again. Where on earth is MN getting its data from? I have deleted some notebooks and uninstalled MN. Then reinstalled MN and synced - it is restoring the deleted notebooks every time. Have tried deleting the Onenote cache and moving all notebooks to a temp folder but every sync is pulling back the old notebooks from somewhere. What is the point in the Drop data command if it just restores it all at the next sync rather than making a fresh start?

craig |

9/4/2011 9:36:14 AM #

Craig, the option "Drop all data" deletes the contents of the iPhone/iPad app. Possibly you're getting old copies of your notebooks from the cloud server. To delete those notebooks, please use the button "Empty cloud storage" in the Windows Sync Client.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

9/4/2011 4:22:35 PM #

yes, deleted cloud data.

1. deleted iPad app
2. reset iPad
3. uninstalled sync client
4. removed BusinesswareTechnologies folder from AppData/Local
5. reinstalled MobileNoter on iPad from app store
6. reinstalled sync client from Mobilenoter.com
7. Cloud sync notebooks to sync - unchecked all
8. Wifi sync notebooks to sync - unchecked all
9. MN settings - wifi, selected my PC name
10. MN, touch Sync....
11. Preparing… Loading server data… (much time passes)
12. Voila! 6 old notebooks appear in MobileNoter! These notebooks are not even open in OneNote on the PC - they were renamed and closed. The names of these notebooks do not appear in Sync client list of notebooks to sync. So where is MN getting them from? These notebooks have all the pages there intact.

13. Now noticed Sync client is trying to recreate the old notebooks in OneNote. But they are just empty notebooks.

14. Sync is now failing with error log showing:
MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncException: The MobileNoter synchronization failed.
The section for a new page was not found.

15. It seems clear that when Sync Client is uninstalled it is NOT clearing  all it settings and data. This is proved because authentication box has my username and password filled in after a fresh install - these should be blank!  Are you using the registry at all? Reinstalling the sync client should make a completely new start but it is just picking up old data and settings from somewhere. PLEASE sort this out. I can't get anything synced at all now.

craig |

9/4/2011 8:31:03 PM #

For the time being I am getting around this by syncing with my netbook (which shares notebooks with my PC). It is slow but it is syncing properly.

Since disabling IGMP on my router sync has been reliable. The big issue now is one of housekeeping. New updates should not mess things up every time. I  have now spent most of my weekend just to get back to where I was on Friday evening. All that has changed is that I can't sync with my main pc any more, only a netbook. I am scared to try sync client on my pc any more in case the phantom notebooks return. Can you please ensure the next version only syncs the notebooks checked in the sync client and doesn't allow anything else to be copied to the ipad.

At some point I have actually lost a OneNote notebook. It can only have been deleted by the Sync client. This should NEVER happen and needs to be looked at. Not being able to sync is bad enough but losing data is unacceptable. Fortunately I had backups.

The only reason I stick with all of this is that MobileNoter is actually such a gorgeous and useful app.

craig |

9/5/2011 2:58:27 PM #

Thank you for your kind words and for not giving up using MobileNoter!
Possibly the old notebooks got stuck in the MNStorage folder. Please open the Windows "Run" tool, type in "%tmp%" and look for the "MNStorage" folder. When you find it, delete its contents.
Also, please "drop all data" on the iPad before starting synchronization.

9/5/2011 4:11:37 PM #

Aha!! Yes! Thank you. THAT is the information I was looking for! Ghost notebooks have been banished forever. Syncing with my main PC again. All seems to be working fine at last.

But you see my point - uninstalling the Sync client should have deleted the MN Storage folder automatically and prevented all this hassle!

One last thing - background colour of pages is still missing from MN notebooks. Background images are displayed fine but not page colours. Not the end of the world I know, but not a true representation of OneNote pages until that is fixed. (I use page colours for colour-coding notes).

craig |

9/5/2011 6:26:15 PM #

I'm glad to know that finally it works! Background colors will be supported when we implement a new page editor - it should also make the editing process more comfortable. We expect to release such update in the end of Fall.

9/3/2011 8:03:35 PM #

The app has not worked on my iPhone since the supposed updates. It does not work on an Pad.
Why can you nor simply roll back to the previous version software on your severs so that everyone has a functional system?
Are you no longer supporting this app??

Robert |

9/4/2011 9:40:58 AM #

Robert, we can't do that as we already have published the version 2.4 to the App Store (and it is not possible to replace it by the older version), which is incompatible with the old synchronization algorithm.

9/3/2011 9:08:39 PM #

Everything has worked fine with the WiFi untill I installed the the most recent desktop update. Now when I try to sync my iPad with my desktop it just appears to go into a loop stating that it is "PREPARING TO SYNC" after 20 plus minutes, 3 or 4 times I just gave up.
Thankx, Pete

Pete Marquess |

9/4/2011 2:46:32 PM #

Pete, please try perfroming synchronization with a small in size notebook. Will it go past the "Preparing" stage?

9/5/2011 9:14:51 AM #

Wifi sync is not working for me with this update either.  I have uninstalled PC client and iPad app, deleted all data, restarted ipad and PC etc, reinstalled everything and I either get "Synchronizing Preparing" for a long time, or an immediate "Sync Failed - An error occurred, please check log for details".

I can pair my device fine, so the wifi (or ability of the PC client to 'see' the ipad) is fine, it simply will not sync.

Brad |

9/5/2011 3:01:22 PM #

Brad, please use the option "Drop all data" in the iPad app settings. Then, please empty the MNStorage folder. Please open the Windows "Run" tool, type in "%tmp%" and look for the "MNStorage" folder. When you find it, delete its contents.
After this, try to perform synchronization.

9/6/2011 1:54:38 PM #

Hi

Same problem here. I did try to drop all the dat on the iPad and clear the MNStorage, I also checked only one small notebook in the windows client. But still, When I tried to sync, the app is "preparing" for a long time. After some time, about 5 min, it switched to "Sending local info", but still nothing

Loic |

9/6/2011 7:07:40 PM #

Hi,

That's normal. You just need to wait until synchronization is finished.

9/6/2011 9:36:26 PM #

I waited for about 30 min. I got at some point "Loading server data" then finally "sync failed. timeout"

I don't think that's normal, synchronizing like 100k over the wifi (pretty an empty book). It was working fine before the update.
I'm using an iPad2

How can I download back the previous version to test if it still works?

Loic |

9/6/2011 11:12:38 PM #

You can download the version 2.4.7 here - www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoterSetup.exe
But you will need to remove the version 2.4.8 first.

9/7/2011 3:36:38 PM #

Here are my test so far:

1. I did uninstall 2.4.8 (uninstaller , search on C: and remove anything about mobilenoter)
2. I reinstall 2.4.8. When I start, I enter my username and password, which is good because i know i have uninstall my previous version.
3. I pair again my iPad (it took about 3 min to get the pair number)
4. I select a small notebook (1-2 pages with only text)
5. I start the sync from the iPad. It got through "preparin", "sending local info", "server data" and then it finally sync the notebook. It took about 25 min to do that. Not so good. During this time, I can see the windows sync icon tray in synchronizing mode.
6. I tried again to sync the same notebook, it never pass the "preparing" stage. I got "a wireless connexion error"

7. I completed the same step (1 to 4) with previous version 2.4.7 (same thing long time to pair the device)
8. But I was never able to sync a notebook, same "connexion error" for a few times
9. Finally I tried again, clean the MNStorage and it worked (after 20-30 min)
10. I tried again: clean and sync, worked again after 30 min
11. I Changed the note book with abigger one (about 10 pages with some images). Clean MNStorage and sync again. The sync start but after 2 hour, it has not yet completed (still in Loading Server data)
All these tests have been executed with 2.4.7

In summary, it may worked if I clean stuff but it is really slow. This is a HUGE limitation. So please advise, what are the next steps.

I'm still interested to use MobileNoter but right now, I feel a litle frustrated to have paid for the wi-fi sync.

If you like me to provide some logs or execute some additional tests, please contact me directly to my email.

When the version 3.0 with skydrive and dropbox will be available?

Loic |

9/11/2011 1:56:38 AM #

Loic, please check up your e-mail for the information about error logs needed.

We estimate to release SE version for iOS in approx 2 months.

9/7/2011 10:53:11 PM #

Hi,
I haven't had any sync problems so far, however there has been an annoying behaviour in the last couple of versions on the sync client I'd like to report.

It will frequently display a balloon message stating it can’t contact the server (for cloud sync). This happens, somewhat understandably, when my laptop isn’t connected to any network, but it also happens every time I resume from a hibernation or sleep state.

May I suggest that in future you adjust this behaviour, so the message is only displayed if the sync client hasn’t sync’ed for an extended period of time, say 24 hours.
It would be even better if that was user configurable, with an option to warn if not sync’ed for so many hours or alternatively after a given number of failed sync attempts.
Thanks,
Chris

Chris |

9/14/2011 11:11:57 PM #

Hello Chris,

A warning message about server unavailable pops up, because when your laptop resumes from a sleep mode, it then requires some time for your Internet connection to appear again.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. Probably, the time interval between connection failure and warning message could be extended, so PC's sleep mode wouldn't be a case. The issue was addressed to our developers.

9/8/2011 2:24:42 AM #

I regularly use MN for Android with windows wi-fi sync.
I synced and worked with a big notebook using 2.4.7 version without any problem.
Once I upgraded to 2.4.8 as suggested I vae been unable to sync properly.
The sync process started but after 10 or 15 pages of 570 it stops sayint it encountered an error.
I desperately need to sort out the problem because I need the tablet for my work.
Any idea?

Luca Castiglioni |

9/8/2011 5:22:03 AM #

Hello Luca,

We need Windows Event Log from your PC to understand, why the problem occurred. Could you please reproduce the problem and then open Sync Client -> Options -> General Options -> Open Event Viewer link and look for “MobileNoter”, “OneNote” mentioned in the “Source” field? If you find anything, please send it to support@mobilenoter.com address.

As for now, you may use the previous, 2.4.7 Client. Please uninstall the current version and install 2.4.7 version from this link:

www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoterSetup.exe

Please before the very first synchronization apply "Empty cloud storage" option in Sync Client -> Cloud sync tab, even if you perform Wi-Fi sync.

9/8/2011 11:57:48 AM #

Steps taken:

Checked Event Viiewer but non istances there.

Uninstall 2.4.8 and re-installe 2.4.7

Tryied to clear the Cloud but after I press the Empty Cloud Storage nothing append and when I reopen MN the 315mb over 600 available are still there (can you clear it?).

Cleared the data on the unit

After all this I get the same problem:
Syncing starts and after a few pages it get stuck

Luca Castiglioni |

9/9/2011 12:20:43 PM #

We can't clear your data from Cloud, because we don't have access to our users data (it is securely protected). But we can suggest you a workaround which will clear the storage. Please try this:

Open “Cloud sync” -> “Encryption” tab in the Windows Sync Client and set up the encryption password (or just change it if it had been already set up). Then sync again your PC with Cloud. Then sync your device with Cloud. After this procedure all notes stored on Cloud are supposed to disappear. Please before the procedure make sure that you had saved all your necessary data.

When everything will be cleared on Cloud, you can remove the encryption password again and to perform further sync without it.

9/9/2011 10:33:15 PM #

Sorted out.

What I did.
Cleared the Cloud
Synced One Note with an other device (Samsung Galaxy S) and it worked.
Cleared al the data and un-installed the app in my Asus Transformer pad
Re-installed the application on the tablet
Paired ans Synced.

It worked but I'm still using 2.4.7.

Thanks for your help.

Luca Castiglioni |

9/12/2011 5:36:35 AM #

This is very frustrating.  I used this program every day, and it worked flawlessly until now.  Now I cannot get it to sync at all.  I've tried all the suggestions above, but to no avail.

Getting nothing to sync.....getting "preparing" forever....then it finally changed to "loading server data".....which took another forever......then timeout.   I had 6 notebooks syncing before, that took maybe a minute....now nothing.

Why you're messing with something that worked great is beyond me.    Now it is worthless to me....please help.

LWalsh |

9/15/2011 4:22:42 AM #

Please, contact our support team (support@mobilenoter.com)
They will investigate the error logs from your devices and find a solution.

9/18/2011 10:52:07 AM #

I've worked on this practically all day.....re-synced the ipad....updated the software on the ipad.....   deleted everything above.....  dropped all data.......done a hard boot.....uninstalled 2.4.8 and re-installed 2.4.7..... Deleted MNStorage.....    Sent my info (UDID) that was requested thru e-mail to you guys to possibly go back to the old version, but didn't get anything back.   Tried again and again....and still nothing.   Tried to sync just one small notebook.....nothing....nothing....nothing.

This is very depressing.

Lwalsh |

9/20/2011 3:20:36 AM #

Please, check up your e-mail. We've provided you the links for the old version. You can use it, until we fix the issues you encounter in the new version.

9/12/2011 9:04:28 AM #

I cannot sync it.  I'm wifi user.

I have tried many times uninstall/install... but it's not works.

why did you upgarde sync client s/w ?
2.4.8 has very simple but critical problem, always display 'sync.... preparing' .. what's this ? then tens minutes later popup error message and stop.

I can't understand.

chohs00 |

9/15/2011 4:29:44 AM #

Please, make sure that you uninstalled completely the previous (2.4.7) Sync Client version before 2.4.8 update installation.

Then, if you don't have any critical data on your device at the current moment, please try to begin from scratch:

1. Make sure that you saved all necessary data from your device to PC.
2. Press “Drop all data” button in the MobileNoter settings on your device. Please note: this action will delete all current data from your device.
3. Please try to find entity (notebook/section/group of sections) named “Mobile Noter” in your structure (this is the place where the Quick Notes are stored). Please save all your data from this entity to another one, and then delete “Mobile Noter” entity.
4. Delete the “MNStorage” folder content (run “Run” command -> insert “%tmp%” -> press OK. In the popped up directories list find “MNStorage” folder).
5. Please perform sync again. Does it work properly?

9/12/2011 6:46:13 PM #

Why is there no USB sync? The wifi sync drains batteries and it is slow. Perhaps the USB sync would help to workaround the endless list of current sync troubles.

Anyway, thanks for the App.

Jiri |

9/15/2011 9:38:01 AM #

Hello,

Most probably, USB sync ability via iTunes will be implemented in the SE version for iOS, which we estimate to release in Q4 of 2011.

9/13/2011 9:22:23 AM #

I have been having similar problems to those posted above.

The problem has been solved using your suggestion to clear the Cloud storage, by creating an Encryption password.  I too had been unable to clear it by pressing the 'clear Cloud storage' button.

I write this to question how data was being stored 'in the Cloud' as I do not have a Cloud account.

Glad this matter has been sorted after such a long time, it has been very frustrating.

Mark |

9/19/2011 5:35:44 AM #

Hello Mark,

It's rather strange that setting encryption solved your problem, as soon as you use Wi-Fi. Have you ever used Cloud for synchronization?

9/15/2011 10:28:53 PM #

I've tried everything and nothing's working for me.........

Sue |

9/19/2011 5:39:01 AM #

Hello Sue,

Please contact our support team (support@mobilenoter.com). They'll find a solution.

9/17/2011 3:38:36 AM #

Along with others I have been struggling with replication since the 2.4.8 upgrade. Window 7 64-bit to iOS. I also went through the multiple install/uninstll process using all of the recomendations above. I currently cannot sync the entire data set which previously worked fine in 2.4.7.

I have determined that it is not a content issue but may in fact might be a capacity or timeout issue. I have continued to break my content into smaller and smaller notebooks ( I now have 7 where I previously had 3.) Today I started fresh again, wiping the device and clearing the temp files and going from 5 to 7 notebooks.) I added notebooks incrementally with each sync and switched the order that I added them from what i did in previous syncs. I was able to get 5 synced and then it failed. The NMStorage temp document shows 257mb and 2,392 files.

My experience has been that once I have a synchronization fail then I cannot back out one Notebook to get it to work but that I need to start completely over from scratch. The iOS interface just keeps crashing if i continue trying to sync.

You guys have a great product and it is unfortunate that these problems our occuring. Let me know if I can provide you with any further infromation that might help to resolve the current issues.

Ken Schipper

Ken Schipper |

9/19/2011 8:06:19 AM #

Thank you for help suggestion! Please check up your e-mail for the reply of our support team.

9/21/2011 9:01:25 AM #

Hi!

I´ve been starting to use your software mobilenoter and the Windows Sync Client 2.4.8 (cloud based) instead of Evernote (mainly because I like OneNote better then EN).

The Windows Sync Client is installed on my work Laptop (OneNote data files resides on my Skydrive) and it´s working quite good right now, I can also sync my iPad2 and Samsung Galaxy SII.

To the Question:
Do I dare to install the Windows Sync Client at my home laptop? I use OneNote at home as well and it´s synking to my SkyDrive? Maybe this will make the Windows Sync Client go nuts? I´ve read alot of problems here so...

Anyone tested or maybe the support knows?

Regards Sebastian in Sweden

Sebastian Zander |

9/27/2011 5:19:01 AM #

Hello Sebastian,

MobileNoter was initially designed to synchronize only 1 PC with 1 Device, so if you want to use it in more complicated environments, there could be problems with it. It is possible to sync several devices with 1 PC, but not with 2 PCs. We recommend you to install Sync Client only on one, let's call it "main", PC and to use this PC for synchronization with both your devices. As to content from another PC, you can share it for example in MS SkyDrive or Dropbox, so this content will be available for the “main” PC as well.

9/23/2011 5:43:50 AM #

I'm having the same issues with MN.  I've been using this for quite some time and absolutely love the program when it works.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to troubleshoot the problem and spend hours like others in order to get fixed what once worked seamlessly.  I've done the uninstall / reinstall routine and cleared out info, re-paired for wifi etc etc.  I'm forced to move on until I see an email with an update and fix.  Microsoft has a OneNote for iphone available for free, but it's a joke.  I've also tried another program called Outline, but that is substandard as well.  C'mon Mobile Noter, let's get this fixed again!  We all have work to do and are depending on this.  We invested in your company in good faith.  Help us out and get this fixed again!

Todd |

9/27/2011 12:10:07 AM #

Todd, please, contact our support team (support@mobilenoter.com), probably, the issue you've met can be fixed quickly. If not, they will provide you the old (2.3) MobileNoter version, so you will be able to use it, until the issue is fixed.

9/23/2011 6:14:38 AM #

I am trying to download the sync client for windows but I keep recieving an error message.  It says "application cannot be started.  Contact the application vendor."  When I click "Details", this is what it gives me.  Please help!

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
  Windows       : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
  Common Language Runtime   : 4.0.30319.237
  System.Deployment.dll     : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
  clr.dll       : 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
  dfdll.dll       : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
  dfshim.dll       : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
  Deployment url      : www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application
            Server    : Microsoft-IIS/7.0
            X-Powered-By  : ASP.NET
  Deployment Provider url    : www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application
  Application url      : www.mobilenoter.com/.../Application%20Files/MobileNoter_2_4_8_874/MobileNoter.exe.manifest
            Server    : Microsoft-IIS/7.0
            X-Powered-By  : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
  Deployment Identity    : MobileNoter.application, Version=2.4.8.874, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=63f12edfa1cb6a67, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
  * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
  Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
  * Activation of www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Specified cast is not valid.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
  No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
  There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
  * [9/25/2011 9:14:34 PM] : Activation of www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application" rel="nofollow">www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoter.application has started.
  * [9/25/2011 9:14:35 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
  * [9/25/2011 9:14:35 PM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
  Following errors were detected during this operation.
  * [9/25/2011 9:14:35 PM] System.InvalidCastException
    - Specified cast is not valid.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.VerifyRequestedPrivilegesSupport(String requestedExecutionLevel)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
      at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
      at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
  No transaction information is available.

Tina |

9/27/2011 10:24:22 AM #

Hello Tina,

According to your error logs, there could be two reasons for this issue:

1.  Some firewall/antivirus software is blocking MobileNoter installer’s access to the Internet
2.  Some file types are forbidden for downloading in your local network

As for the first reason:
Please try to disable all firewall, antivirus software, twickers, and Internet accelerators on a short period when you will download Windows Sync Client.

As for the second reason:
Please try another network to download Sync Client.

9/27/2011 8:11:33 PM #

OS Info:win 7 pro
OneNote version: onenote 2010
Device info: htc thunderbolt

I had to reinstall mobilenoter on my device. I went into the settings of mobilenoter for android and entered my correct username and password, however when i try to sync, it says authorization failed. The mobilenoter client version 2.4.8 is syncing successfully and I have revalidated my account on the mobilenoter desktop application. How can i download my notebooks again on my phone?
Thanks.

Muhammed |

10/2/2011 9:22:58 PM #

Muhammed, please check your e-mail inbox, the support team has replied you there.

10/5/2011 9:13:32 PM #

Hello-

I am on the verge of giving up out of pure fustration.  After upgrading (I was reluctant after reading some of the posts but felt compelled to do so after all of the annoying reminders) to 2.4.8 I ran into major sync issues (WiFi).  Everything was perfect and fast before and since that update, I have had one good sync, that I spend hours achieving.  I was successful after reading other posts relating to the same issues that I had.

I have unintalled, reinstalled, dropped the data on the iPad, cleared the data on the MNStorage folder, hard reset all devices, appeased the sync gods in ways that I won't explain, but still I am not achieving success. This is pathetic really and should not be this difficult, especially when it used to work JUST FINE in the previous version!

I have had timeouts after long periods of sitting on Preparing, Sending and Loading Server Data. There does not seem to be any pattern or progress.   I usually get the dreaded "Connection issue, Sorry, the network connection is not available" message, but I know that the devices are communicating.  I see the traffic and the icon in the system tray has the arrows that point at each other... kinda like they are saying "it's your fault, not mine..."

Please give me another option before I just give up altogether.

I am departing on a trip tomorrow and need the iPad to perform some tasks, but now it looks as though I will be bringing my laptop as well. I bragged about your product to so many, but now find myself eating those words...

HELP !

Eric Phannenstiel |

10/6/2011 8:01:58 AM #

Eric, please try to roll back to the version 2.4.7 if it was working properly. To do this, you need to uninstall the Windows Sync Client 2.4.8 and download the version 2.4.7 using this link: www.mobilenoter.com/.../MobileNoterSetup.exe