MobileNoter 2.4 synchronization issues

Wednesday, 08/17/2011, 11:12 PM by Anton Molokoedov

We receive a number of reports related to synchronization problems using MobileNoter 2.4. According to the data provided by our users, such problems can appear in some cases if the user has updated the app from the previous version. Users, who have started everything from scratch, are not likely to have synchronization issues.

In some cases, using the option "Drop all data" can help.

We've already reproduced and fixed most of the issues and now trying to find what causes those, which haven't been fixed yet. But we haven't managed to reproduce them on our test configurations.

So we need an assistance from our users who continue experiencing problems with synchronization after updating MobileNoter to the version 2.4. Please send error logs from your devices and PCs to our support team at support@mobilenoter.com. Don't forget to describe when the error appears.

How to find error logs:

On the iPhone/iPad: please open the MobileNoter app settings and look if there is something in the Error Log. If there is, please enter your username from Sync Client to “Cloud Edition” Settings (even if you perform Wi-Fi sync) and send the log file to us.

On the PC: you need to check the Windows Event Log for errors. To do this, run “eventvwr”, select “Windows Logs” -“Application” tab and look for “MobileNoter”, “OneNote” mentioned in the “Source” field. If you find anything, please send it to us.

If you have Windows Vista/7, it can be required to turn on logging in the Windows Sync Client manually. It can be done here, if you have the Windows Sync Client 2.4.7 (also, you can open the Event Viewer from there):

image

Thank you for your patience and for helping us to solve the problem.

Comments

8/12/2011 8:21:03 AM #

I just downloaded the new update on to my iPad and then I went to sync my notebooks, as I had changed which ones I wanted on my iPad. I keep getting the following Information error: Can't connect to the sync service. Check if you are running the latest version of WSC. I have no idea what WSC is let alone what version I have. At first my network computer was not showing up, just an IP address, which didn't match the one that was showing for my network computer. Finally it showed up, not sure what I did to get it that way. Some things I am computer literate about - others I am clueless about. PLEASE HELP!!!

Jennifer |

8/12/2011 8:55:58 PM #

Jennifer, WSC is the MobileNoter Windows Sync Client. You can download a fresh version here: http://www.mobilenoter.com/Download
It is required for the correct functioning of the MobileNoter 2.4.

8/12/2011 8:30:15 AM #

I cannot get the cloud Synchronization to complete a sync.
I was having the same problems that you noted on this blog post

So as suggested I did a "drop all data"
and so my cloud storage was wipes clean. but now I cannot upload my files back!
I have tried several times and every time I get a MobileNoter Error that says:

"The MobileNoter synchronization failed. Synchronization has been stopped due to timeout"

Please let me know how I can fix this error. I have emailed copies of my Error Logs to support@mobilenoter.com

Donnelly |

8/12/2011 9:01:26 PM #

Thank you for sending the logs, our developers will study them.

8/12/2011 2:13:50 PM #

unable to sync via cloud or wi-fi - where is the onenote folder supposed to be for it to recognize and upload

Daniel Merel |

8/12/2011 8:58:40 PM #

OneNote folder can be anywhere you want, but you need to open your notebooks in OneNote to make them appear in the Windows Sync Client.

8/12/2011 10:50:43 PM #

===================================

Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization. (mscorlib)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at MobileNoter.Synchronization.Entity.StorableList`1.Load(IStreamedIO storage, String clientID, ContentType contentType)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.PrepareEntityCollection()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.Run()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.AutoSyncModule.RunSyncThread(Object syncType)

Dennis |

8/12/2011 10:56:03 PM #

Thank you for providing the log. I've forwarded it to our developers.
But next time please send the logs to support@mobilenoter.com.

8/13/2011 8:07:57 PM #

Hi, I just purchased SE and tried to sync to my dropbox for the first time. It was able to find my dropbox folders, and I was able to select my OneNote folder, then it began syncing, and syncing and syncing. It's been syncing for over an hour now, and is still going. Should it take this long or is there something wrong?
Android Froyo, DropBox, MobileNoter (downloader from Android Mkt today, but I can't seem to find the version number.)
Thanks for your help on this.
Patty

Patty |

8/16/2011 11:49:46 AM #

You can open the "Sync status" window and look how long the synchronization will be performed. To open it, hold your finger on the Sync icon or select this option from the hardware button menu.

8/14/2011 4:58:13 AM #

I want to sync 2 PC that I have and merge the Notes2010 notbooks through the CLOUD service... Is this possible?

All I get that my IPAD is synced to one of the PC's.. I installed the Cloud Service on all the devices...
I there a resone I dont get them merged...?

Jacob

Jacob Sharir |

8/16/2011 11:53:47 AM #

You need to have copies of those notebooks on both PCs, only in this case such scenario can be possible.

8/15/2011 3:23:46 PM #

I have upgraded to 2.4 on both iPad and iPhone 4.  I use cloud sync.  My iPad is synchronizing.  However my iPhone 4 is unable to sync.  I keep receiving the message

"Sync Failed -- Couldn't extract content from the page archive file."

I have dumped the stored data.  No help.
I deleted the app, rebooted, reinstalled and continue to receive the same error message.

Please help.

Cherry Fields |

8/16/2011 8:15:14 PM #

Cherry, are you synchronizing the same notebooks to your iPhone and iPad? If yes, please look for the error logs and send them to the support team.

9/9/2011 10:57:58 AM #

i am having the exact same problem related to my iPhone.  This all worked before the latest series of MobileNoter release.  I have done all of the same thing as Cherry. I have repeatedly sent help requests through support as well as sending error logs and no response.  HELP.

Raj Kothari |

8/15/2011 6:19:58 PM #

Hi, After updating, I received an error message to check the PC event log for details and am unable to sync my data (Wi-Fi version).
Checking the PC logs:

"Some errors have occurred during the sync. Error #1 ---> MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncException: The MobileNoter synchronization failed. The root for a new section was not found. at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.CreateOneEntity(OneNoteHelper oneNoteHelper, MappingHelper mappingHelper, OneNoteEntity entity, List`1 hierarchy) at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.UpdateOneNoteEntities(List`1 serverEntities, List`1 localEntities, List`1 syncResult) Error #2 ---> "

This continues on and on but counts up the "errors" equal to the sections in the workbooks.
I tried to send the iPad log files in as suggested above however when I do, I receive an 'Information' message:

"Please type in your MobileNoter username. It's required to associate logs from your device with your account."

I only use a "Wi-Fi" account and these details are entered. Is there something else that I can do?
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
                  Toby

Toby |

8/16/2011 12:40:45 PM #

Toby, please enter your username and password into the "Cloud Edition" section (even if you don't use the Cloud Edition). That's required to send the logs.

8/28/2011 5:55:31 AM #

Hi, Found where to place the username and pass and sent away on the 8/18/2011, thanks. BTW, since this started, I have reinstalled APP and SOFT on the iPad and PC and wiped all data from iPad to see if this would resolve the issue but now a new issue arose, the iPad cannot see the PC..? No settings were adjusted on the PC and I have verified that the firewall is not blocking, etc... So now I have not been able to use MobileNoter at all for a few weeks... arrrgggg
If you require any further details or have any suggestions, please get in touch.
Thanks!

Toby |

8/28/2011 6:12:34 AM #

Hi Again, GOT IT! All working again YAY!!!!! I uninstalled the soft from the PC, 'restarted' the PC (very important...), and then installed the Mobilenoter soft (on the PC), restarted (important part), then setup the sync association and checked the data (notebooks) to sync and walla!! Working again! Must say that the first sync took around 10 minutes and looked as if it was going to fail but patience let it work through.
Hope this can help others to fix their issue.

Take care, Toby

Toby |

8/15/2011 7:43:54 PM #

I just purchased a subscription, successfully uploaded via the cloud and then it broke. I can not get the following error message

OneNote interaction error
Object does not exist
Please view the Windows Event log for more details

1) when will you fix this problem?'
2) will you extend my subscription for every day I can not use your program

Daniel Merel |

8/16/2011 8:16:45 PM #

It looks like some corruption has happened in your notebooks structure. We’d like to see the screenshot of your notebooks structure in the OneNote application. Please send a screenshot to support@mobilenoter.com

8/17/2011 7:51:17 PM #

We are planning to extend subscription for those users, who were unable to use the service due to update problems. We are taking responsibility for the partial service outage and will compensate the time it wasn't accessible for that part of users, who have experienced the problem.
I'll publish more details about this program soon.

8/17/2011 12:51:12 AM #

I'm syncing to a Galaxy Tab - Android 2.2 - via Mobilenoter SE and dropbox.  The Dropbox files sync fine to my two computers.  However on the Tab, I'm missing 3 sections.  The missing sections are visible on the Dropbox website.  They actually sync to Tab, when I'm watching via Sync Status.  The files are in my Dropbox folder on the Tab.

However, they don't show up in MobileNoter.  All the other sections (located in the same place) show up.  I've added a space in a page of each of the 3 problem sections on my desktop.  I allow them sync with the online Dropbox folder.  I then sync the Tab.  They download and go through the "Loading Folder Stucture" without any errors.

I've cleared all the data (drop all data)  in MobileNoter and re-synced.  Same problem.  I uninstalled MobileNoter, powered off the device, re-installed MobileNoter. and resynced the information.  The 3 problem sections do not show up in MobileNoter.

Grouch |

8/17/2011 6:47:11 PM #

Grouch, probably there is something specific about those sections. Please check if they are somehow different from the others. Are they in 2007 format? Large in size? Password protected? Containing inks? Maybe, some special symbols in page titles?

8/17/2011 9:06:10 AM #

I just want version 2.3.2 back.  Everything worked fine then.  Mobile Noter has not worked in almost a month.  You have hundreds of log files and nothing.  You say users with fresh installs are not having a problem.  Want to bet?

No application developer (charging money) or software developer would allow this to go on longer than a day or two at best.  This is a critical software failure.  There is currently no viable solution (as clearly read in your responses) and this is beyond a workaround!

jd |

8/17/2011 7:29:15 PM #

We cannot roll back to the previous version in the App Store. But theoretically there is a way to install the previous version of the app on your device. We can offer you a temporary solution, please send a letter to Support@mobilenoter.com with a subject "Rollback to the version 2.3.2".

9/5/2011 8:40:21 AM #

"We can offer you a temporary solution, please send a letter to Support@mobilenoter.com with a subject "Rollback to the version 2.3.2". "

That's funny, I've been giong back and forth with your support team regarding this problem and was told that I coldn't get a roll back.  Now you're stating that you have a work around????  Why wasn't this mentioned to me, when I specifically asked this question!?!?!?!?!? I was told this would be remedied in 2-3 weeks, and my last two emails requesting updates have gone unanswered.  Feel free to look at all of the correspondence for support request #8803.

Chris |

9/6/2011 12:03:52 AM #

Sorry for such a long delay, the support team has sent you a letter about the rollback.

8/17/2011 9:05:19 PM #

Hi- we have tried all discussed things and not helped. İ Want The old version 2.3.2 too
Pls

Cihan |

8/18/2011 7:29:35 PM #

8/19/2011 2:26:49 PM #

I'm getting an error that I don't see above.  I've cleared out all cloud storage and attempted to rebuild from the start, after being unable to sync iPad.  I sync'd my first (and smallest) notebook without problem, but attempts to sync my other two notebooks have all failed.  The sync runs for about 5 minutes, and then returns an error message: "The MobileNoter synchronization failed.  An unknown error has occurred at the sync server. Please try to run synchonization again."  I've tried numerous times, but continue to receive this error.

Eric |

8/20/2011 5:08:04 AM #

Eric, we've sent you an e-mail.

8/28/2011 3:36:29 AM #

I am having the exact same issue as Eric. Please update the sync client to remove these issues

DP |

8/20/2011 10:01:06 AM #

Hi all,

I had the same problem. I dropped all data, and then I reinstalled the app on my Iphone. It works perfect now. Thanks Guys !

Greg |

8/20/2011 10:47:07 AM #

Is there anyway you could put the .ipa for the previous version (before 2.4 sync issues) on your website to download?  In its current state, for the people having the sync issues from updating, the app is completely unusable.  Allowing us to use the previous version in the mean time would allow wifi sync users to retain some functioning of the app until the problem is fixed.  I heavily rely on this app and am bummed that I paid for it and can't use it just because I updated to the recent version.

Timothy |

8/21/2011 5:41:25 AM #

Timothy, if we put the .ipa file on our website, people still wouldn't be able to install it, if they have already installed the version 2.4. But there is a way and it is rather complicated. That's why we ask users to contact us individually in case they want to install the older version.
Please send a letter to Support@mobilenoter.com with a subject "Rollback to the version 2.3.2", if you want to install the previous version.

8/22/2011 5:07:46 PM #

was working fine, now cant sync via wi fi with my ipad or iphone both get to  loading server data then Sync failed, i have unistalled all from both devices, and the sync client and reinstalled still getting same error!!!!!

Susan |

8/23/2011 3:35:54 PM #

I was a great fan of version 2.3.2 and used it with Onenote on my PC and mobile devices everyday. As soon as I upgraded to version 2.4, I encountered sync issues between my PC and iphone & ipad. I have been exchanging emails with your Support Dept for more than 2 weeks and they still have not found a solution apart from admitting that they are working on a solution. As a paid WiFi customer, I am extremely disappointed. I have never heard of a Company which upgrades its software and takes several weeks (at the expense of their customers) to find a solution-which is still pending. A review of your blog suggests that many customers are unhappy with the upgrade to 2.4.

As a last resort, and based on the review of your blog, I have sent a separate email requesting to receive access to the older version (rollback to 2.3.2). I did not have any issues with the older version.

A very disappointed paid customer

Swami Kavasseri |

8/25/2011 5:02:31 AM #

You can add me to the list also.  I had problems since the new version was released.  Recently, I was finally able to sync my iPhone once Ver. 2.4.7 of the sync client became available - though I had to jump through a few hoops to get it to work (uninstall, reinstall, delete all the data on my device, etc., etc., etc.), but did not have any luck with my iPad - even following the same steps that got my iPhone version.  My wife has become an avid user of OneNotes and, though I am now embarrassed to admit it, I suggested she install Mobilenoter on her iPad and the Ver. 2.4.7 of the Sync Client.  She never had any previous version on either her iPad or her laptop.  No luck - system sat for over an hour and only said "Preparing".

Similar to Swami - you now have two additional very disappointed paying customers.

Tim |

8/25/2011 5:39:24 AM #

I have just installed the trial version on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and am trying to sync via the cloud and wirelessly and in both instances the sync times out after a while.  I have never had the previous version installed and can thus confirm that there are issues even for new installs.

Mark Geschke |

8/25/2011 7:32:35 AM #

Could you roll me back to the 2.4.2 version of the desktop application for android? it was working great then, with synchronization working both ways.

Now I can barely sync what i have on my computer and am not able to sync any changes from my phone.

muhammed |

8/26/2011 10:26:08 AM #

Muhammed, our support team has replied you via e-mail.

8/26/2011 5:41:04 PM #

I haven't yet received the email could you resend it?

muhammed |

8/27/2011 6:02:03 PM #

We resent it, please check your inbox.

8/26/2011 2:29:18 PM #

Hi, i tried for 2 hrs every possible option/suggestion i found find to sync via WIFI with my iPad and Windows 7 -- just refuse to work.

Can you provide the previous version which works?

thanks...

Patrick |

8/27/2011 5:43:29 PM #

8/26/2011 3:41:28 PM #

Getting the OneNote Interaction Error Object does not exist

MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneNoteException: Object does not exists. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042014): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042014
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.ApplicationClassCOM.GetHierarchy(String bstrStartNodeID, HierarchyScope hsScope, String& pbstrHierarchyXmlOut, XMLSchema xsSchema)
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.ApplicationClass.GetHierarchy(String bstrStartNodeID, HierarchyScope hsScope, String& pbstrHierarchyXmlOut)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.App.OneNoteApp2010.GetHierarchy(String startNodeId, OneHierarchyScope scope)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneNoteHelper.GetNotebookPathLocation(String notebookId)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneNoteHelper.CreateSection(String notebookId, String sectionName)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.CheckQuickNoteEnvironment()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.Run()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.AutoSyncModule.RunSyncThread(Object syncType)

and this eventlog

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Settings.SettingsStorage.GetQuickNoteNotebookId(OneNoteHelper oneNoteHelper, ProviderType providerType)

David |

8/26/2011 11:02:10 PM #

I have recently purched this app, and as yet have zero joy, but much angst -
I can not "guarantee " to my company that this app will work as advertised- and am very disapointed.
I have set up 3 notbook to sync and after some messing about got it to work for 1 day, wnet on a buisness trip interstate took quick notes and now cant sync to anything...
I am not happy at all - I can not get to the log files they simply do not email to any where

This is very diapointing form what shoujld be a great applicsation, and i would appreciate a reply and a resolution.

chris |

8/27/2011 5:47:11 PM #

Chris, please contact our support team at support@mobilenoter.com. If you have tried to sync during your business trip and it hasn't worked, this could simply be a firewall issue.

8/29/2011 10:29:47 AM #

I am also having issues syncing.  I have already send the error logs and screenshots of the error message to support.  Just posting this here in case someone else is experiencing the same problem.  Patiently waiting on a resolution and fix to MobileNoter!

MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncSummaryException: Some errors have occurred during the sync. ---> MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneImportException: An error has occurred while importing OneNote page from the MobileNoter package to the OneNote. ---> MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneNoteException: Attempting to import invalid XML! ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80042001): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042001
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.ApplicationClassCOM.UpdatePageContent(String bstrPageChangesXmlIn, DateTime dateExpectedLastModified, XMLSchema xsSchema, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.ApplicationClass.UpdatePageContent_AutoBusyRetry(String bstrPageChangesXmlIn, DateTime dateExpectedLastModified, XMLSchema xsSchema, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.ApplicationClass.UpdatePageContent(String bstrPageChangesXmlIn, DateTime dateExpectedLastModified, XMLSchema xsSchema, Boolean force)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.App.OneNoteApp2010.UpdatePageContent(String dataB64, DateTime modifyDate, XMLSchema schema)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.App.OneNoteApp2010.UpdatePageContent(String dataB64, AppVersion version)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.OneNoteHelper.UpdatePageContent(XmlOnePage page)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.Import.OneNoteImportController.SavePageContentFromPackage(String pageId, String packagePath, Boolean newPage)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.OneNote.Import.OneNoteImportModule.SavePageContentFromPackage(String pageId, String packagePath, Boolean newPage)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.ApplyPageContent(OneNoteHelper oneNoteHelper, OneNotePage existedItem, OneNotePage externalItem, Boolean newPage)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Sync.SyncHelper.Run()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.WiFiService.WiFiService.RunWiFiSync(Boolean start)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.WiFiService.WiFiService.PrepareStorage(DeviceAuthInfo auth)
   at MobileNoter.Synchronization.SyncService`1.PrepareStorageWrapper(Object authObject)

Chris |

8/30/2011 8:58:14 AM #

Upgraded to 2.4 and wanted to wifi sync. Took a while to get my iPad to recognise PC. But while sync has started, it is saying "preparing" for a very long time. This has happened before. Never sure if it is stuck or whether I should leave it. But it does essentially put me out of work until completed. What is an appropriate amount of time for it to a) say Preparing b) complete a sync?

Paul McDevitt |

9/3/2011 9:44:00 AM #

Paul, that depends on size of the notebooks you are syncing. And if the notebook is synced for the first time ever, it will be synced slower. Generally, the larger your notebooks - more time the sync will take.

8/30/2011 10:56:03 AM #

after reading all the comments, i thought i had the same problem. Initially, I had problems trying to connect to the laptop.  Then i manage to get connects either with the Iphone 4 or the Ipad 1  but it ended with "sorry, no connection".

each time, i updated the support team.. but on my last try, i had to wait for more than 30 minutes while the Sync was ongoing to the Ipad before i finally got the download into the ipad.  Now I am pairing with the iphone 4 and waiting for the sync to complete.. its about 4 mins into the sync..

thought this might help.
I am using WiFi connection. latest updated s/w.. on the iphone 4 & ipad 1.   I did a new download of the windows client.

david neo |

8/30/2011 1:02:35 PM #

Would have posted this on the iPhone post, but comments are closed.  Is it possible to sync the iPhone and iPad with different notebooks?  I primarily use Mobilenote on my iPad, but there are two notebooks I'd like to also see on my iPhone.  These two notebooks have a pretty small footprint and wouldn't take up much space on my iPhone.  There's definitely not room to sync the entire Mobilenoter cloud upload which current takes up a third of my iPad space (not complaining, having that info with me is amazing).

Thanks

Eric |

9/3/2011 9:47:31 AM #

Eric, that's possible, but only if you deselect the notebooks you usually store on iPad, and select those two you want to see on your iPhone. But please be informaed, that in this case the first set of notebooks will be removed from the Cloud, so th next time synchronization can be quite long, as notebooks would be reloaded.

8/30/2011 3:07:27 PM #

I think there is a problem with how many section and pages can WSC (or MN) handle at once. I have a notebook large about 175 sections and around 1200 pages and another "normal size" notebook. I divided "huge" notebook in 3 parts, then in 7 parts. I added parts one by one, and I was never able to sync all parts. When I changed order, the parts previously unsynced, synced then correctly, but again when I reached certain amount of load, sync simply crashed. Previous version of MN synced similar amount of load correctly... (iPad 1, 16 GB WiFi,, Win 7 Enterprise 32 Bit)

76romano |

9/3/2011 9:50:38 AM #

Thank you for your research. Could you please check, maybe the notebook on which the sync started to crash is somehow different from the others? For example, it contains a specific type of content, the other notebooks don't contain?

9/4/2011 1:29:23 AM #

it is always another notebook which crashes... Say the large notebook (175 sections, 1200 pages) is divided into 7 smaller notebooks A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7. I start with A1, then A1+A2, then A1+A2+A3, etc. When I add A6, MN closes and sync crashes. But when I start with A6, then A6+A7, etc. it is A4 which crashes.... All the divided notebooks are text, pictures, sometimes tables and some basic formatting, it is actually Microsoft GearUp Sales Toolkit and I need only read only access to this notebook. I was able to sync it undivided to my IPhone4 so maybe it is a "too small RAM" issue, since iPad1 is the same hardware with half the RAM of iP4. Before adding create new pages funcionality MN synced that notebook correctly. My another notebook I use for taking notes  from customer meetings or gathering useful Information so I find creating new pages very usefull. Maybe running old version for readonly notebook along with new version for smaller editable notebook would solve my troubles for now... Is it possible to run two versions of MN on iOS? thanks, Romano

76romano |

8/30/2011 5:43:02 PM #

I have run into some trouble with the syncing.

The problem is my device is downloading the stuff from my PC (works fast and great) but my PC isnt receiving the changes from my device from my device. This isnt a big deal but when i synced with my PC the next day I got my unedited notebooks back. I am using a Xoom. The editing and everything else works fantastic but this caused me to lose all my notes on my Xoom after syncing with my PC. I am sure I am doing something wrong. If I could just get an explanation by email or commenting I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks alot. I love the app and it would be even better if i could figure out this minor glitch.

Jacob |

9/3/2011 9:53:40 AM #

Jacob, which type of synchronization are you using?

9/5/2011 1:33:43 AM #

Wifi. I think the main problem is my computer (PC) isn't getting the changes from my xoom (device-android). I would try the Cloud sync but I went to class and did some more editing and I would prefer to just stick to my tablet and keep what I have at least. My notebooks are small for the time being since school has just started. My xoom gets the changes from my PC just fine. I edited a few things on my PC before my first sync and everything worked smoothly. After reading through several blog and looking around my problem seems quite unique, so I still think I am missing something in the syncing process.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Jacob |

9/2/2011 1:37:03 AM #

Upgraded to new version of WSC on Win7 and iPad2 and sync no longer works. I use this heavily for business not just some notes. Where are the older version downloads? Those worked fine.

Richard Jones |

9/3/2011 9:40:50 AM #

9/2/2011 3:58:29 AM #

My issue states that my account is invalid and will not log me in.  Hovering over the cloud and/or wifi icons on my sync client gives me a message that I do not have an account.  Logging in to the mobile noter website shows that I purchased a wifi account last year and attempted to upgrade it to cloud now.  My online account indicates that everything is okay, no problems.

I also get a message stating that the mobile note server was not found and I should check my connections.  I am connected to my network.  The module status says:
wifi module is running.
Wifi module is not registered in Bonjour service.  Incoming connections to the port 41982 are partially blocked by the Windows firewall settings.  MobileNoter can try to modify Windows Firewall settings to resolve this.  For doing it, Local Administrator permissions are required.

My firewall is turned off.  I have not changed any settings on my computer.  This program was working earlier this week.  I have submitted online help requests to you and the only response I received back was "Thank you for helping us improve MobileNoter!"  I have even sent you a capture of the error message I have received.

I will admit that this is the Sunday before Labor Day but if you are not in the office, your message should state that you will get back to me with an answer.  Not just a thank you.  I am SO frustrated!!!!!

Melanie Lewis |

9/2/2011 4:11:38 AM #

MobileNoter,
Even your process of leaving comments is frustrating.  I must not have read the secret code correctly and my entire explanation of my problem is now gone.  My username is mclewis63.  Logging into my online MobileNoter account shows that my account is up to date.  However, I cannot log in on my windows sync client.  I tried to go to the website and register my account again but the only solution there is to create a new user name.  I should NOT have to do that if I have paid for the service.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I continue to get a message that says The MobileNoter server was not found.  Unable to connect to the remote server.  Please check your connection.

My network is fine.  My connection is working.

Too the Module Status says:
Wi-Fi module is running.
Wi-Fi module is NOT registered in Bonjour service.  Incoming connections to the port 41982 are partially blocked by Windows Firewall.  MobileNoter can try to modify Windows Firewall settings to resolve this.  For doing it, Local Administrator permissions are required.

I have sent you a request for help via your online help ticket system.  All I received in return was "Thank you for helping us improve MobileNoter!"  I expected more.  This is the Sunday before Labor Day so perhaps you are not in the office.  Your email should have stated that I would receive an answer soon.  Not just a thank you.

I am SO frustrated with this and not being able to find a simple solution.

Melanie Lewis |

9/3/2011 9:34:57 AM #

Melanie, this is defenitley a connection issue. If you are completely sure that no firewalls are blocking the sync client, please check if you are using proxy for internet connections. If yes, please configure proxy in the MN Windows Sync Client too.

9/3/2011 4:07:02 PM #

Hello, I have been using your product for well over a year. I understand it is a work in progress and I appreciate the updates and the responses I have received to issues!
Just a few comments on the new version. I love the new features. However the update was not seamless. When I tried to sync I kept timing out and program would close. I had to delete and then reinstall the program on ipad. Once done I was able to sync. The sync for the first took quite a while, understandable since I have 8 notebooks and two are large. However, subsequent updates with minor changes still took much longer than previously and I miss the update information. I think some users here are frustrated because there is no specific information on the update. You have to just let it go and it stays on generic messages. At first I assumed I had timed out again. Previously it would say updating x notebooks and x number of pages so I had feedback that it was progressing. Now it simply says preparing and loading server data or loading local data. The more granularity was helpful feedback that the sync was in fact working and progressing. (I also notice a slight delay after syncing before the page deleted or added showed up, but they did show up. I assume even though the sync message box disappears, it is still finishing up in the background?)
Thanks for continuing to work on this product!

Catherine |

9/5/2011 11:49:50 PM #

Thank you! The usual message about notebooks number is not shown anymore because we changed our sync algorithm and now everything syncs not in the order of notebooks, but in the order of entities (pages, sections, etc.). Anyway, we can design something like 'Sending local data for x of y entities', but a bit later.