MobileNoter on iOS 4

Tuesday, 09/21/2010, 09:06 PM by Anton Molokoedov

Our users report some issues related to the use of MobileNoter on devices with iOS 4.x.

Some people complain that they are not asked for entering the passcode when they re-open the application with passcode lock option turned on. It happens because the latest update of MobileNoter supports multitasking feature of iOS 4. If the application is not closed completely, the user won't be asked for the passcode when he/she re-opens the app. To close the application you need to push the Home button twice, hold the icon until it starts to shake and tap on the red button with "-":

In the next update (version 2.2.1) this issue will be fixed and user will be asked for the passcode each time he/she returns to the application.

We'll also include some more bug fixes related to iOS 4.x in our update, including a fix to the problem with non-updating notebooks. We are sorry for inconvenince caused by this issue. We appreciate the patience of all our users.

UPDATE: We've located the cause of the problem with notebooks update (thanks to our beta-testers!). The fix will be available next week. Version number 2.2.1.

Comments

9/18/2010 12:41:51 AM #

Ned Bjorn |

9/18/2010 5:17:30 PM #

Same comment : "I have a problem (using OS4.1) with notebooks not updating - when will version 2.3 be available?"

carlos renedo |

9/19/2010 12:41:35 PM #

Same problem ... not updating notebooks using iOS 4.1

Duane |

9/19/2010 9:34:57 PM #

Hotfix will be included in the version 2.2.1, it will be available next week.

Anton Molokoedov |

9/20/2010 12:52:17 AM #

the MS Onenote nootebook of mobilenoter  doesn't support chinese, only input by english

Michael Hua |

9/23/2010 2:11:05 PM #

Hello Michael,

Do you mean that you are using Chinese input in OneNote on your PC, but in Quick Notes this text is not displayed?

Anton Molokoedov |

9/22/2010 8:31:59 PM #

Using iPhone/current o/s.  Lost notes just like magic.  I note others with this same problem.  Is there a fix?

Ken Philip |

9/23/2010 2:12:12 PM #

Hello Ken,

Can you please provide more details about the problem? How had the notes disappeared?

Anton Molokoedov |

9/25/2010 11:42:00 PM #

So frustrating! I only bought this app so I could have access to my notebooks when I go on trips. Trips are not that common for me, yet every time I do go on one, this stupid app stops working to sync my notebooks! What a waste!

Susan Chastain |

9/26/2010 5:42:43 PM #

Dear Susan,

You may now resynchronize your notebooks completely, that will load them with all recent changes.
Also, the update 2.2.1 is approved by Apple and will become available today or tomorow.

Anton Molokoedov |

9/26/2010 10:41:52 PM #

Hello, I have just updated to 2.2.1, synced with my iPhone 4 and it still has not updated one of my onenote notes that I have been adding too all day.  Am I doing something wrong, I am using cloud.

James |

9/26/2010 11:43:16 PM #

Apologies, I only updated the windows sync bit, iPhone update not available yet. Sorry guy's.

James |

9/27/2010 12:00:26 AM #

I have installed 2.2.1 and it didn't solve my notebook sync problem (while using OS4.1)
Is there supposed to be a coordinating update to the iphone app? (my version is 2.2.0)

Ned Bjorn |

9/27/2010 7:12:59 AM #

Yes, there will be an iPhone app version 2.2.1 within next 12 hours.

9/27/2010 12:01:01 AM #

I have also upgraded to 2.2.1 and tried syncing on my iPhone4.  Any changes I make to the notebooks on my PC do not get updated to the iPhone.

Dwayne |

9/27/2010 7:13:47 AM #

Please wait for an iPhone app update.

9/27/2010 9:31:54 AM #

I've now installed the iPhone app (2.2.1) and it along with the new version of Wyfi Sync (2.2.1) appear to be working and resolved my earlier problem with notebook syncing.

Thank you.

Ned Bjorn |

9/27/2010 11:44:27 PM #

Do you have any plans to make it so you can add notes and sections to an existing notebook from your iDevice?

Jambo |

10/2/2010 1:42:21 PM #

Yes, sure, but at this moment I cannot tell exactly when such version will be released.

Anton Molokoedov |

9/28/2010 2:55:07 AM #

Is anyone else having a sync problem after the new updates, if i add a new page to a section in one note and snyc it does not appear on my iDevice.  The only way I can do it is by deleting the sync notebook and re sync from scratch.  It does update if you change something on a page just not if you create a new page?  Please fix!

James |

10/2/2010 1:43:31 PM #

James, have you updated both the Windows Sync Client and the iPhone app to the version 2.2.1?

Anton Molokoedov |

10/2/2010 1:46:39 PM #

Yes, both are updated and I have un-installed and re-installed with the new versions.

James |

10/1/2010 9:16:15 PM #

I'm also still having sync problems after the update to 2.2.1, running on iPhone 4 and W7.

Paul Charette |

10/2/2010 11:36:16 AM #

After lots of testing, installing, un-installing I can not get my notebook changes to sync.  I am using iPhone 4 with 4.1 OS, Windows 7 and Cloud to Sync.  Both iPhone and PC have 2.2.1 installed, also does not ask me for my pin on the iPhone still?  I know the service does not cost much but at the moment it's a waste of money for me but has the potential to be great!  Please fix.

James |

10/2/2010 1:44:52 PM #

James, please try disabling your firewall software and restart the Windows Sync Clinet. After this, please try to pair the devices again.

Anton Molokoedov |

10/2/2010 1:52:36 PM #

Tried that already, sorry.

James |

10/3/2010 9:53:32 PM #

The problem is not in the PC. I have the version 2.2.1 and have 2 equipments, an ipad and an iphone. In the ipad it synchronizes without problem and updates without problem.
In the iphone it synchronizes well the first time and then it does not update. I have reinstalled several times and nothing. Then alone the one who synchronizes with an iphone can have doubt of if it is the PC, but I that I synchronize PC+ipad+iphone, I have clear that the problem is in the app for iphone.

carlos renedo |

10/6/2010 2:31:07 AM #

Now we have made some changes on the server side and the problem is solved.

Anton Molokoedov |

10/6/2010 2:40:12 AM #

I am proving it just now and yes it synchronizes ... I will do more tests during the weekend

carlos renedo |