MobileNoter 2.1 for iPad

Thursday, 07/15/2010, 10:25 PM by Anton Molokoedov

We have finished the development of MobileNoter 2.1, a new version which supports handwriting input.

Now you may draw in your notes, mark anything in the text or write something, if you don’t want to type.

IMG_0099

Another important feature is possibility to search through all of your notebooks, not just one specific notebook.

IMG_0093

Also the problem with misplaced pages and sections has been fixed in this release.

MobileNoter 2.1 will be available in the App Store soon.

UPDATE: MobileNoter 2.1.2 (fixed version) is now available!

Comments

7/16/2010 9:46:02 PM #

Will the new handwriting feature support a "no touch" zone so that if your hand comes in contact with the screen in won't mistake this for a drawing?  I'm speaking of the feature that some of the other note drawing apps have that is similar (PenUltimate, NoteSketch).

I don't have an iPad yet, but the ability to take hand written notes on it in meetings and have this sync with OneNote is *THE* killer app that will tilt the scales for me.  I've been hoping you'd add this feature and I've been telling everyone at work that is looking for the same thing about MobileNoter.

Many thanks!!

EricG |

7/17/2010 12:56:39 PM #

Eric, yes, this feature is implemented. Thanks for your interest in MobileNoter!

7/21/2010 11:31:56 AM #

I just bought MobileNoter based on the forthcoming iPad functionality.  Good Work!

Stevew |

7/20/2010 9:53:47 PM #

Ten days and update not there. Any news?

Chadg |

7/21/2010 4:21:18 AM #

It is still being reviewed by Apple.

7/21/2010 9:46:48 PM #

The new functionality should be awesome! Waiting patiently to upgrade. Please consider adding audio recording capabilities (as in One Note also in the Ipad "Audio Note" app). This would seal the deal for me replacing most of my laptop needs with the IPad!

Jim Vasquez |

8/2/2010 7:04:41 PM #

Audio recordings will appear in MobileNoter 2.3.

7/21/2010 10:43:16 PM #

Not sure why comments are closed on the Click-to-Run post, but just wanted to let you guys know that you might want to contact MS about that. I know for a fact that they have facilities to allow outside apps to see into the virtual environments that the App-V apps run in. So it might actually be pretty straight-forward to get that solved.

Jocko |

8/2/2010 7:20:28 PM #

We (and not only we) are now waiting for the release of Interop assemblies for Office 2010. That will allow to use MN with the Click-to-Run Office version.

7/22/2010 4:54:28 PM #

I recently bought an apple I-pad just to get away from the bunch of papers I have to carry along in meetings though these are always there in my One Note. Then I found this Mobilenoter, felt good. While using this free subscription I found so far, that its of no use at all, "does this makes sense that for using this app I have to keep one another gadget also with One Note, a laptop or a tablet or a PC. Its like keeping my Ipad as showroom and my tablet as a Back end, Very tiring work. How is this app useful for me that I cannot edit notes in One note on Ipad, Cannot integrate my email with one note on Ipad, i cannot do anything on one note on Ipad,,,,its just a read only device for my with this app.

Waiting either for an update to this app which allows me to do all the editing part on Ipad in my notebooks or for anyother app which can save my $1000.

ronnie |

7/22/2010 5:02:03 PM #

When are password protected notebooks going to be probperly supported?

Julia |

8/2/2010 7:21:44 PM #

That will probably happen in MobileNoter 3.0, which will work directly with .one format.

7/22/2010 8:24:12 PM #

I'm curious about how the MobileNoter App handles encrypted sections. I sent an email last week but haven't received a response so I'll ask here. This is what I think happens; if the section is locked mobilenoter ignores the section and it doesn't transfer. But if you happen to unlock it before the sync mobilenoter reads the section and uploads it to the phone, unencrypted. If this is correct it seems like a very, very bad thing. Can someone confirm this behavior and the way forward for encrypted sections?

Rick |

8/2/2010 7:22:43 PM #

Content in a password protected section is synced only when a section is unlocked in OneNote. When a section is locked, MobileNoter cannot access it and, thus, the section is skipped on sync.

8/18/2010 3:58:01 PM #

Thanks Anton. That won't work for me. Are there any plans to provide for encrypted pages within the app? If so I'd be interested in the future, but for now please unsubscribe me from this list. I keep getting emails every time someone posts and I do not want them. Shouldn't have asked for the updates.

Rick |

7/23/2010 1:49:42 AM #

Outstanding product!  Thank you.

Pen wish list:
Size, color, opacity options
Eraser (perhaps with size/stoke options)
Undo stack

Would make this perfect for classroom presentation purposes.

Ray Neiman |

8/2/2010 7:24:20 PM #

Ray, thank you for suggestions!

7/23/2010 6:53:25 AM #

Update now in app store. Still some issues. Section groups will not open, fyi

Joe Reilly |

7/23/2010 7:29:10 PM #

Is this a problem with Notebook or a feature of MN 2.1....Because I am not able to open my subsections.

Ronnie |

7/23/2010 7:30:22 PM #

Will Subsections never open in MN 2.1...or this is some problem

Ronnie |

8/2/2010 7:23:36 PM #

Problem is solved in update 2.1.2.

7/23/2010 1:31:36 PM #

I would absolutely love to see you add the functionality that allows users to create new notebooks, sections, subsections and pages. Is this something we can look forward to?

BuzzGnat |

7/31/2010 6:15:45 PM #

I would also like this feature as it appears that you can't create new pages even on existing sections.

Saharvey76 |

8/2/2010 7:26:51 PM #

Yes, these features will surely arrive in future releases.

8/20/2010 3:34:30 AM #

I second this comment.  After recently purchasing an iPad and Mobilenoter, I quickly recognized two critical limitations:

1) inability to create new sections, pages

2) inability to add new tags in notes

If these two features were implemented, I believe Mobilenoter would be a fully functional productivity tool for the iPad.  Even in its current state, Mobilenoter is one of the most useful iPad apps I've found.  Thanks!

Joe Des Rosier |

7/24/2010 7:37:40 PM #

I updated the PC Wifi version after receiving an update notification and now it says my subscription has expired although its not.

How does one fix this

kaushnet |

8/2/2010 7:25:44 PM #

Please send us a letter to support@mobilenoter.com

7/30/2010 3:02:38 AM #

Please can you tell me if, I will be able to view section groups and sections of my one note notebook in your software. This is the only thing holding me back.
Pp

Pp |

8/2/2010 7:27:39 PM #

Since the last update there are no problems with it.

7/31/2010 3:56:28 PM #

Did the wifi sync use to be free.. and now has changed.. I have been using the mobile noter and knew that the sync over the cloud was a chargaeble service.. did something change, or did I just miss it.

Mavrik |

8/2/2010 7:29:52 PM #

Wi-Fi sync is free for the Cloud Edition subscribers during their subscription period. Another option is purchase a license for a one-time fee of $15.

8/3/2010 1:59:09 AM #

How do I unsubscribe from this blog, oh dear God. There must be a way, this is rediculous. DON"T notify anymore when someone posts a new comment!!!!!!!!!! My bad for asking for updates to start with, but I've been punished enough already.

Rick |

8/10/2010 4:28:20 PM #

How do I delete an old notebook from my iPad?

I have deleted it from my PC/OneNote, but it just wont go away on my iPad.

John |

8/15/2010 10:19:48 PM #

John, you need to unselect it inthe Windows Sync Client, As you have deleted this notebook on the PC it will probably be in the "Other" tab.

8/16/2010 6:44:03 AM #

There is no 'other' tab in my windows sync client.

Not in "Notebooks" or "Cloud Sync" or "Wifi Sync"

In fact, I unchecked another notebook from the list, synced on the PC, Cloud and iPad and it still show up on the iPad as well.

John |

8/17/2010 5:41:09 PM #

I also unchecked the box on the desktop sync but it still shows up on IPad.  I have version 2.1.  I

mclewis63 |

8/23/2010 9:44:38 PM #

You may simply remove the application and reinstall it to get rid of all its contents.

8/17/2010 5:59:12 AM #

Great program, i love it. It saves me a lot of time and paper.
Nice would be, if i could send the documents as e-mail out ouf mobilenoter.
is the feasible?
When does the 3.0 appear?
good job
Joachim

Joachim |

8/23/2010 9:46:22 PM #

Joachim, thanks for suggestions. Version 3.0 will appear not very soon, because there are plnty of improvements we're going to make and there will also be versions 2.2 and 2.3 before the 3.0.

8/19/2010 7:27:41 AM #

Hi,

Is this drawing / handwriting input compatible with "digital ink" in one-note? ie is the handwritten text searchable / convert-able to text in OneNote?

Thanks

David Nimmo |

8/23/2010 9:49:08 PM #

Hi David,

Yes, inks in MobileNoter are fully compatible with inks in OneNote.

8/25/2010 9:59:12 AM #

Hello,

You mentioned in earlier comment that the ability to create new pages and sections will be coming in the future.  any chance you could be more specific - which version, what approximate time-frame?

I LOVE mobile noter, but, cannot use it until i can CREATE new pages.

Thanks

Steve |

8/29/2010 5:15:08 AM #

Hello Steve,

That will possibly happen in fall, after the version 2.3.

9/6/2010 11:07:11 AM #

Once you have inked on a page in mobile noter, are you able to delete the ink ? Haven't found this in the instructions. Maybe I am just missing a button that is right in front of me.

Jabin mills |

9/7/2010 1:39:19 AM #

In the current version it is possible to undo the handwriting you have just made. In the version 2.2 it will be possible to remove all inks and images.