MobileNoter for Android 3.0

Monday, 11/28/2011, 03:01 AM by admin

Meet the MobileNoter for Android 3.0 with an all-new page editor! The new editor is a lot more usable and much faster than the old one.

The most important updates are:

• Easy and accurate cursor positioning
  • It's also easier to move and delete outlines
  • Now it is possible to copy and paste while editing your notes
  • The new "undo" button allows you to get rid of unnecessary changes
  • Better support of hardware keyboards
  • Better handwritings (inking) support

Even abortion pill works if you don't want to work with the new editor, you can always switch back to the old one. That can be done in app settings.

Download the free update now and improve your productivity with an easy and convenient note editing!

11/25/2011 8:31:34 PM #

I tried your trial-version of mobilenoter andI really liked it. I'm working on a lenovo tablet and the inking-function was superb. But I am no friend of this cloud/wifi-synchronisation so i went for the dropbox/sdcard-version and bought the mobilenoter standalone edition - just to find out that the se-version doesn't support inking?? Why? Your feature-lists are reeeally confusing! Your FAQ tells me that the difference between moblienoter and mobilenoter se is only the syncronisation-method?

Jan |

11/26/2011 6:58:45 AM #

Jan, we are hardly working on adding the inking support to the SE version. This week we are releasing update which will be able to display inks created in OneNote. The next update will allow to create inks on the device also.

11/26/2011 7:40:53 AM #

Good to hear that you are working on those features.

One more thing I noticed yesterday concerning the new version 3.0:

I tried your trial-version (cloud-edition) a few month ago ( I guess it was version 2.x - but i'm not sure about that). The inking-function was smooth and fast (although I missed an eraser-tool ! - would be nice to see that in  future versions). When I noticed the missing inking-support in the standalone edition I  downloaded the cloud-edition again, but somehow drawing is now really slow and stuttering. Beside that the texts in the demonstration notebooks are way too big and everything seems to be missplaced.

On the good hand I was pleased to see that I can draw thinner lines now!

btw: as you may notice, english is not my native language - so just to make sure:

"hardly working on adding the inking support" = almost not working at all?? :*)

btw no.2: Maybe you should consider adding a chart on your homepage comparing the features of your different versions. It would really help choosing the right product.

Jan |

11/26/2011 10:59:20 AM #

Sorry, english is not my native language as well. I meant, we are working hard, trying to release the update as soon as possible. Smile
Can you please send us a screenshot of the misplaced content on your device? And what device do you have?
You can send the screenshot to the address Thanks.

11/28/2011 11:32:26 AM #

Can I get help on setting up the initial sync between my computer and the ap? I am running Android 3.1 and a Windows 7 laptop.
The directions on how to install the wifi are outdated. The new version doesn't have a "send pairing" button so i cannot pair the tablet with my computer.

I press the sync button on the tablet and it tells me "please pair this device with target PC first".
I checked my firewall to see if the port is being blocked but its not.  I get this message when I enter the IPv4 Address as the Wi-Fi server IP.
Please help me or create updated how-tos

Anya |

11/28/2011 5:35:54 PM #

Anya, it has the "send pairing request" button, you need to use the menu button on your device to make it appear.

11/26/2011 10:25:01 AM #

oh -  forget the things i said about the technical difficulties. I just started the app and everything looks fine and the inking is working smooth again. I don't know what has changed (I tried switching the device off an on again yesterday - without any luck). Now everything runs perfectly.

I think I will stick with the cloud-edition until the se-version (or se hd) has reached the same level of functionality.

I really appreciate your fast responds to my comments.
Keep up the good work!

btw: I'm working on a lenovo thinkpad tablet with android 3.1

Jan |

11/26/2011 6:16:13 PM #

Is the iPhone app still being updated? Or has it died?

rmrd |

11/27/2011 12:23:15 PM #

It is still alive and we plan it will get an update before Christmas.

11/27/2011 8:01:22 PM #

Is there any plan to support live sharing in MobileNoter, so that that an Android or iOS user could participate in a live sharing session with other MobileNoter and OneNote users? Thanks.

Don |

11/28/2011 6:40:02 PM #

Sorry, but currently we don't have such plans. It would be very hard to implement.

11/27/2011 11:23:37 PM #

Great app.  Looking forward to the inking support in SE HD edition.  I'd like to make a request - would it be possible to set up the SE edition so as soon as you click "Done" when you are editing, it automatically updates the cloud version for just that page?  That would make syncing SO much easier and faster, and we wouldn't have to sync it manually after we edit.  I'm using skydrive, if that matters.  Thank you very much!

Anton |

11/28/2011 6:37:14 PM #

We thought about it, but it's a controversial solution: in some cases it will be slower and not convenient. For example, the modified notebook will be unaccessible until the sync is finished. So, we'd better stick with the current setup, when user decides how and when to perform the sync.

11/29/2011 6:05:09 AM #

Thanks for the reply.  Would there be any way of performing a background sync at a some regular interval or a sync every time you open the app?

Anton |

12/1/2011 10:06:14 PM #

At this moment we can't say for sure. This kind of functionality is not on our timeline yet.

12/2/2011 11:42:42 PM #

Any news of SE for iphone/ipad?

Steph |

12/3/2011 2:42:36 AM #

It's being delayed a bit, we plan to release it in Q1'2012.

12/8/2011 6:29:17 PM #

So far all the information you've released about the iPad update is that it will be a big update, but it's delayed.

To mollify those of us who can't get our iPads to sync with Mobilenoter who are checking back on this blog frequently, hoping for some good news to justify sticking with the product instead of switching to Evernote or something, how about adding a blog post about the upcoming iPad version?

Just a preview, telling us what kind of features and fixes are planned for that update and a rough estimate (I won't hold you to it) of when you're expecting to release it, would go a long way toward reassuring those of us who have been reading all your Android updates that we haven't been forgotten and the next update will address some of our grievances.

For me, the biggest problem is that it just won't sync. I've been in touch with your support address a few times, exchanged a few emails including all the error messages, and it's clear that at the moment your software is not able to sync on my PC due to reasons which cannot be fixed with mere settings tweaks at my end.

Fixing that is my number one concern. If you're coming up with a version that will read Skydrive then that would bypass any issues to do with my PC since syncing my PC to Skydrive is OneNote's problem, not Mobilenoter.

I would thus love to hear something... anything really... about MobileNoter for iPad SE.

Travis |

12/10/2011 1:22:31 AM #

Travis, at this moment there is not much information to share about the MN SE for iPad. It will support synchronization with Dropbox and SkyDrive and we also consider implementing the synchronization with PC through the iTunes file sharing. MN SE will be distirbuted as a new standalone app in the App Store and we are thinking of a way to migrate the users who experience problems with regular MN to the SE without additional charges.
Of course, we want this release to happen as quick as possible, but it's a complex task. Currently our goal is to finish the development in the begining of the next year.
By the way, had our support team offered you to try to remove the MNStorage folder to fix the 2.4 version synchronization? It usually helps the majority of our users who are experiencing problems with sync.

12/10/2011 7:49:21 PM #

I will definitely switch to Evernote if MN SE for iOS is not released by the time winter semester starts. Sorry guys no matter how awesome this app is wifi sync is just too cumbersome compared to evernotes seamless cloud sync.

Alex |

12/14/2011 1:16:56 AM #

Nice update sharing for android.

Helson |