MobileNoter SE HD: a new app designed specifically for your Honeycomb tablet

Monday, 10/24/2011, 08:02 PM by admin

Android-based tablets are gaining more and more popularity all over the world and there is a growing demand for OneNote-compatible software on such computers. So we couldn't just walk by without making a tablet edition of the MobileNoter SE. It's called MobileNoter SE HD and it runs on Android 3.0 and higher (Honeycomb) tablet computers.

MobileNoter SE HD uses all the advantages of the large tablet display: you don't need to crawl through the tons of menus - you see your notebooks, tags' facts about abortions summary, recent pages on a single screen. It is also more convenient to view and edit OneNote pages, - you have to scroll and zoom much less than usual.

Make your Android tablet a real investment in your productivity, make every pixel to work for you. Download the MobileNoter SE HD right now and enjoy your favorite way of working with notes, now in HD!

Special offer: if you are a MobileNoter SE user, and you use it on a tablet only but wish to use MobileNoter SE HD instead, buy this version, send a request to support@mobilenoter.com and we will refund your payment for the original MobileNoter SE (phone version). Please note: this offer applies to Android Market only. Amazon App Store doesn't allow software vendors to process refunds.

Comments

10/21/2011 5:59:15 AM #

The latest release is awesome on my Galaxy Tab 10.1....THANKS MobileNoter! They have great support and now that this is built for my tablet it works perfect (I sync with DropBox). I await the day I can create new pages from my Tab.    Thanks again!

Dave |

10/22/2011 9:36:17 AM #

Thank you!

10/21/2011 12:31:20 PM #

I really want to buy this, but it's just not useful without the ability to create notes.  Is there a time-frame on adding a create notes feature like you have in the iPhone version?

Jonny6pak |

10/22/2011 9:35:43 AM #

Yes, we are planning to release the update with such feature in the end of November.

10/22/2011 4:01:58 PM #

Will that be a free upgrade for those who just purchased MobileNoter SE HD?

Rick W |

10/23/2011 1:10:45 PM #

Yes, it will be a free update.

10/22/2011 9:42:31 PM #

I'm happy to see a tablet optimized version but why is there no trial version? I'd really like to see how well the product works before I spend the money, and 15 minutes just isn't enough time to do that....

Al |

10/23/2011 1:08:38 PM #

Al, Android Market simply doesn't have such function as "trial". We understand that in most cases 15 minutes is not enough to test the app, so we make refunds to usesrs, who have purchased the app, but then decided that it doesn't fit their needs.

10/23/2011 2:53:42 PM #

It would be great if the iOS version worked like this - I tried it but don't like having to install a client on my PC just to be able to sync it with my OneNote docs. I already have OneNote setup to sync in the cloud using my Windows Live Skydrive so I would much prefer that iOS apps accessed it from there and also used direct iTunes file transfer or services like Box, iCloud or Droipbox.too instead of in intermediary client..

Steve |

10/26/2011 6:12:31 PM #

Awesome on my Galaxy Tab! its very easy and simple Smile
Keep Go!ng

Google Phone Android |

10/27/2011 2:35:13 PM #

Does this version have inking abilities?  I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with the digitized pen.

Douglas |

10/28/2011 2:18:32 AM #

No, the inking will be added in one of the next updates.

11/6/2011 1:03:16 AM #

The inking function would be a killer especially when its able to sync with onenote(nothing else on the market has this), do you have an ETA for this update/function.

Sky Ng |

11/6/2011 3:40:54 PM #

I see the website says Inking is available but the Android app says it will be in a future release. I'm confused, is it in the latest release or still pending?

Jason |

11/7/2011 5:05:58 AM #

The app "MobileNoter" already has inking. "MobileNoter SE" will get an update with inking support this month.

11/13/2011 10:21:24 PM #

Hi

Inking and page creation is the two most important features for sure. When both are in place I will definitely by the SE HD edition!!

Can you be slightly more specific on an ETA?

Pål |

11/14/2011 3:33:39 AM #

An update that can view inks will be released in November, update with inking input should be released in December and the update with page creation will be released either in December or in January'2012.

11/6/2011 1:08:01 AM #

Do I need to buy se for phone and se HD for tab or will HD version run on phone?

jasen |

11/6/2011 1:16:51 AM #

HD version runs only on Android 3.x devices, so in this case you need to choose on which device you want to use MobileNoter SE, or buy the both versions.

11/10/2011 3:33:30 AM #

Where is download button for hd? After paymant i cant dowload app

mike |

11/11/2011 6:05:24 PM #

Mike, do you mean that you don't have the download option in the Android Market on your device? Please try rebooting the device.

11/12/2011 2:35:07 AM #

Pingback from blog.olegkokorin.com

MobileNoter turned two! «  Lessons to be learned

blog.olegkokorin.com |

11/12/2011 12:07:30 PM #

I have bought/SE and plain MobileNoter to sync OneNote with my ASUS tablet and DroidX. I think of it as a learning curve I must go through. I will get "HD" to try this some more. I, too, want inking and it is confusing when some of the links you see in your Android product explanation send you to a paragraph that talks about inking (in the iOS pages.)

I also need your QuickNotes function to capture transient thoughts and information about my day away from the computer. It's hard to stick with OneNote when so many other products have made this easier.
I sync through SkyDrive and cannot seem to get the right Notebooks to sync. Your Edit function in Settings does not seem to create the short list of Notebooks  want to have sync with the mobile device. I have notebooks arriving that I do not want.

Looking forward to your new version later this month!

Jonathan7007

Jonathan |

11/12/2011 10:49:32 PM #

Jonathan, inking is already included into original MobileNoter, but is still in development for the MobileNoter SE.
We are not planning to add Quick Notes to the Android version of MobileNoter, because we think that page creation can replace it.
About the notebooks in SE: probably you need to go the Sync Directories option in Settings menu and unselect the folders in SkyDrive with the notebooks you don't need on your device.

11/20/2011 5:58:26 PM #

I have been a user of mobile noter from almost a year. First of all my thanks to you for a great product!

Here are the two issues that have constantly irked me somewhat and I would like some help with.

1. When is the "MobileNoter SE HD" support coming to actually phones and not just tablets. I have  had higher resolution android phone for quite some time now... first atrix and now Galaxy SII... and I find MobileNoter very limited in term of using screen resolution when in landscape mode. In fact it artificially truncates the tags at almost 2/3rd of the screen width.. .wasting almost 1/3 screen space. Looks like the phone version of mobilenoter was designed for a 800x480 screen resolution or so, and since than phones have come a long way.

In fact, the phones that are lately releasing (sII, nexus prime, note) are equaling resolution of high end tablets.. .so releasing "MobileNoter SE HD" for a limited android version of 3.x, whereas new phones either running 2.3.x, or ICS (4.x) for prime... really begs me to understand, should I really buy another high end phone.. or have another device (tablet), which I would hate to manage. I'm a heavy user of onenote and tags etc. Any insights here will greatly help.

2. Also, another question related to a tag picture "To Do" in onenote. Why is the tag picture of "To Do" tag in MobileNoter for android, which is a simple check box, much smaller for the checkmark, comparing to the same picture for MobileNoter for iOS (iphone version).

Is almost like the gif (or what ever format is the picture which shows up for tags viewing) for MobileNoter's android version, has a small box (check mark place) inside a big box which has plain empty area around.

If I'm not clear.. please take a look at the To Do check mark tag, in Tags Support section of this page for iphone version.

For android's version, please take a look at the To Do check mark tag, in Tags Support section of android page.
www.mobilenoter.com/.../Features_Android

As I said, I'm a heavy user... and I like my check marks or tags, bigger and visible. But somehow android ones are really small with empty area, compared to iphone version.

And actually the above statement is really true for any other kinds of tags picture too, just that I use To Dos.

Again, thanks for a great product... and I'm really looking forward to make it more useful on an everyday basis.

joe |

11/20/2011 11:40:09 PM #

Joe, thank you for your detailed comment and for the kind words! If it's not difficult for you, can you please send us a screenshot of the truncated MN in landscape mode?
I'm afraid we cannot make the MN SE HD run on Android 2.x, but probably it will run on 4.x.
We'll think if we can make anything about the tags icon size.

11/26/2011 9:24:11 AM #