Edit OneNote notebooks with MobileNoter SE 2.0 – your standalone OneNote client for Android

Wednesday, 08/31/2011, 08:34 PM by admin

If you like MobileNoter SE and its natural synchronization methods (USB, Dropbox, SkyDrive) you will probably like the fact that it now supports page editing. MobileNoter SE 2.0 is a major update which can totally change the way of using the application.

It is an important step forward, because now MobileNoter SE is not just only a viewer, but a full functional OneNote-compatible note taking app.

Using MobileNoter SE 2.0 for Android, you can edit and create new text on your pages, add images and audio recordings - almost everything you've got used to in other versions of MobileNoter. And the easy synchronization (without any Sync Clients) is also in place.

Upgrade to the version 2.0 now and get expanded possibilities of working with OneNote notebooks!

We continue working on improvements which would be added in further updates, like Inks (handwritings) support, page creation and new abortion editor.

Comments

8/26/2011 12:32:26 PM #

Can't wait to see inking in a future version. Seems that styluses will be seen on more Android devices in time.

Dragos |

8/28/2011 7:35:53 AM #

I, too, am chomping at the bit for real inking support. This would mean a really viable Android platform for me and the ability to leave my laptop home most of the time.

Jason Knisley |

8/30/2011 11:02:07 AM #

Is inking a planned feature for atleast the tablet version?

Thanks

AK |

8/31/2011 6:56:10 AM #

Yes, the inking will be implemented both in tablet and smartphone version, but possibly not at the same time.

9/2/2011 8:59:15 AM #

There's a few devices now that support pressure sensitivity too... Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet (has an active N-Trig digitizer - I think the HTF Flyer has one as well), and the recently-announced Samsung Note (not sure if it's an active stylus, but definitely pressure-sensitive).

OMG MobileNoter with pressure-sensitive ink on supported devices would be AMAZING. And if you can make some deals with some of the OEMs and get them to pay to include MobileNoter in their ROM, the pressure sensitivity capabilities would definitely allow them to differentiate their hardware through your product!

Just an idea ;)

Tom S. |

8/27/2011 4:14:18 AM #

I just sent you a question in the suooprt section. I just purchased the $7.99 app and the $15.00 WiFi Sync. My android phone is not showing an option to enter my IP address, so I cannot sync and use this program. I paid over $20.00 for this app, and I cannot use it. Please help.

Gisele Mulverhill |

8/27/2011 9:26:57 AM #

Gisele, it looks like you have purchased the MobileNoter SE and a license for the Wi-Fi synchronization using original MobileNoter.
MobileNoter SE is a standalone app and it syncs through USB/Dropbox/SkyDrive. To use the Wi-Fi sync, you need to install the app MobileNoter, it is free in Android Market. If you want to stay with MobileNoter SE only, contact the support, they will make you a refund for the Wi-Fi license.

8/27/2011 3:41:18 PM #

I like the editing now on Android...so far it's buggy but i'm confident that it will improve

rpavich |

8/30/2011 6:15:08 PM #

Has the upgrade already been submitted to Amazon? I bought SE from them rather the Market.

Taylor |

8/31/2011 8:15:32 AM #

Not yet, but it will be submitted this week.

9/19/2011 7:10:22 AM #

Any update on Amazon?  I also purchased SE from Amazon and it's now 3 weeks behind the Marketplace version.

Will |

9/20/2011 11:29:21 AM #

SE 2.0 is already available on Amazon.

oblacksmith |

8/31/2011 12:29:33 AM #

I own a HTC Flyer which will be great Tor use with inking and onenpte -looking forward to it.

himura |

9/1/2011 10:33:45 AM #

Hi.
Where do I find the version number (android device)?  Bought for a month ago, but in fact already able to edit!?

Btw. The best app I ever bought. Use it more and more, every day.

gege |

9/1/2011 11:10:46 AM #

You should be able to edit only if you updated the app to the version 2.0, which was released last week. Version number can be found if you go to Settings - Applications on your device.

9/1/2011 4:52:16 PM #

I downloaded the trial app then bought the wifi version.  So to use this function I would have too purchase the SE version of the app correct?

Robyn Brown |

9/3/2011 9:24:42 PM #

Robyn, if you purchased the license for the Wi-Fi Edition, you need to install the app "MobileNoter" (which is free in Android Market). MobileNoter SE is a separate product.

9/3/2011 3:22:08 PM #

I purchased mobilenoter se,  it works great on my Motorola ATRIX except that I mobilenoter does not show images or allow me to view attached docs or pdfs.  The trial mobilenoter for cloud or with does show images and open docs etc.  I prefer to use the se version because I can either sync via dropbox or straight up to my work pc via usb.  Is there a patch for this coming soon? The website said that se was able to show images and open docs, but it doesn't appear too.....

Mark |

9/3/2011 9:39:57 PM #

Mark, are the pictures which are not displayed made using inks? Inking is not supported by MobileNoter SE yet.

9/6/2011 11:14:17 PM #

Im not sure what "inking is" but my notebooks with photos  were created using onenote 2007.  I simply downloaded to my phone and attempting to view on se.

Mark Stephens |

9/6/2011 11:22:05 PM #

Also, se does not pull notebooks from my sd card as it claims, I have to place them in my phone internal memory.  My attached pdf files or docs will not open as well.  When I do an edit, text or photo, anything it will delete it after saving it.  When I retrieve it, I see that it saved none of my edits.  I notice that my notebooks say that they were created by notebook 2007 in red.  If I edit the Quickstart manual for Mobilenoter se I can edit it will save and I can see its photos.  Have tried to attach file yet and then open.  Is there an Onenote 2007 compatibility issue?

Mark |

9/7/2011 2:28:35 AM #

Yes, that happens because the notebooks are in OneNote 2007 format. MobileNoter SE is designed for OneNote 2010 (which is mentioned in product description).

9/7/2011 3:48:58 PM #

Well that does make sense, however I bought this for my Android and no where in the product description do I see that it only works with OneNote 2010?  I see it just works with OneNote.  My office uses Onenote 2007 so this is indeed a problem.  I would appreciate a refund if possible unless there is a patch coming soon for 2007?  Where is the product description for this requirement - in the IPAD section for which I had no interest?  It seems that Mobile noter with cloud worked quite well with Office 2007, is that still correct?  The only hang up I have with it is that my work has securities in place that will not allow your cloud server to sync with my device via their LAN or Wifi.  They do allow dropbox, thats why I went for SE.  But now its useless because it doesn's support OneNote 2007.  I would really like to use this app, but finding no bridge to full functionality.....I would settle if you transfer my SE package to the Cloud package and I would have to learn to deal with it I guess Frown  but I would rather SE handle 2007 so that dropbox or USB cable could be used.  This feature would make this app even more attractive to others in my company (HARMAN International) who have recently caught on to Notes, its becoming a main stream of our business structure and we rely on it every day.

Mark |

9/18/2011 6:21:26 PM #

Thank you for your interest to our product, but unfortunately, at the current moment we are not planning to develop an SE version compatible with OneNote 2007.  You can find out, that SE works properly only with notebooks of 2010 format in "Description" section of product review on Android Market.

Please, contact our support team (support@mobilenoter.com), if you'd like to get a refund or change your SE version to Cloud Edition.

oblacksmith |

9/3/2011 10:55:21 PM #

I have used small screen device.
So, I really want you to include the option that makes full screen. (without any menu, only content..)

NEXDUI |

9/18/2011 5:54:23 PM #

Please be informed, that we are working on a custom tablet version for Android devices. And if you have an iPad version, some improvements also are expected, including an ability to eliminate the arborescence to the left in landscape mode.

oblacksmith |

9/10/2011 4:34:56 PM #

Amazon still shows version 1.3.1. How long do we need to wait to get the latest edition?

Fred |

9/12/2011 6:52:51 AM #

Where's the Amazon update?

woolly |

9/18/2011 6:00:54 PM #

SE 2.0 has been already submitted on Amazon, so now we are waiting for Amazon's approval. It shouldn't take more than a few days.

oblacksmith |

9/21/2011 3:55:35 PM #

Hello,

I bought the SE 2.0 edition for Android on the website using paypal. But now when I try to download it on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer I get the message "This action can be performed from Android device ONLY". But this is a Android Device. Can somebody help me?

Thanks
Sesch

Sesch |

9/24/2011 12:18:06 PM #

Sesch, SE version can be bought only through Market app on your Android device, or through Amazon. Most probably, you have bought standard MobileNoter, not SE. Please write to our support team (support@mobilenoter.com): provide them the Unique Transaction ID number of your purchase and e-mail address registered on our website.

oblacksmith |

9/27/2011 12:12:44 AM #

Does not work with OneNote 2010 SP1. If the save in 2007, opened normally.

soledss |

9/28/2011 5:53:00 AM #

Actually, SE version is fully compatible only with OneNote 2010, which is mentioned in product description. Do you mean, that only notebooks of 2007 format sync properly? And what issues do you encounter when sync'ing notebooks of 2010 format? Is there an error message or something?

oblacksmith |

9/27/2011 6:27:29 PM #

When will the ability to add pages in Android become available?

Mike C |

9/28/2011 11:00:03 AM #

Mike, we estimate to implement page creation ability in the version for Androids in Q4 of 2011.

oblacksmith |