Create and manage your OneNote pages using MobileNoter 2.4! Now on iPad!

Sunday, 08/14/2011, 11:28 PM by admin

MobileNoter for iPad gets an update: now cost for an abortion you can easily create pages in your OneNote notebooks right on your iPad. And not only create: like in the iPhone version of MobileNoter, you can edit page titles, delete the pages you don't need anymore and move freshly created pages within your notebooks.

Update your MobileNoter for iPad today! New versions with exciting improvements (new editor, better layout in landscape mode, faster synchronization and some more) are coming soon!

PLEASE NOTE:

1. Before update: Please backup your notebooks on your PC. Make sure that all recent changes are synchronized and applied to all synchronization’s sides (Windows Sync Clients, iOS and Android clients).

2. Update all clients (Windows Sync Clients, iPhone clients) in any order. Do not sync between updates.

3. After update: perform Cloud/Wi-Fi synchronization (or both, if you use both types) prior to editing your OneNote content on any side. It will prevent you from losing any changes due to the update.

Comments

8/13/2011 6:34:42 PM #

I was waiting for the iPad version to come out before updating, so thank you! However, I still have not been able to get sync up for multiple clients using the same PC over wi-fi (as stated in new features in the iPhone). Whenever I try to setup the sync, it pairs the new device and unpairs the old.

Is there something I'm missing?

Ryan Harper |

8/14/2011 3:19:17 PM #

Ryan, it's not possible to pair several devices at the same time. But now you synchronize several devices with the same PC without having any potential trouble, like versions conflict, lost edits and so on.

8/14/2011 8:08:08 PM #

Ah, ok! Thanks!  So, it's ok to switch pairings, are there any thoughts to allow multiple paired devices?

Ryan Harper |

8/14/2011 5:21:32 PM #

It's great that this has finally come out, unfortunately it isn't working for me.

"Sync failed
An error occurred. Please check
your PC Event Log for details"

Where is the PC Event Log?

Travis |

8/14/2011 6:03:50 PM #

To view the Windows Event Log, you need to run the application "eventvwr" (it is included into Windows OS). There you will find a tab "Applications", where you need to look for MobileNoter error.

8/16/2011 12:51:11 AM #

There is an error from "SideBySide" with this error message:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\Travis\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment\5D1A5QRY.0PK\MPZAW3QY.GCT\9WXB7P4X.12Q\385XC4C5.C8E.manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote,publicKeyToken="71E9BCE111E9429C",version="12.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

There is also one from the Bonjour Service:
488: ERROR: read_msg errno 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)

Travis |

8/16/2011 6:09:12 AM #

Hi, I updated the PC client and the IPad app. Now, I cannot sync. I already synced before the updates, so I'm not risking loss of information, but I can see that a sync is unable to complete with the new versions. When I click Sync on the iPad App, it goes through Preparing->Gathering local info->Sending local info, waits 2 secs and then the app on iPad crashes. The PC client looks like it's still trying to sync for another minute, and then stops. I repeat again, same thing, no sync success, just app crash on the iPad at the exact point of Sending local info.
Any suggestions to resolve this?

Vele |

8/16/2011 6:29:34 AM #

with every update MobileNoter sync gets less reliable. Now having horrendous problems. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Please don't tell me to try this or try that. Have tried every suggestion I don't know how many times. The fact is MN sync is unreliable. You need to rethink it. Evernote sync works. Many other apps sync quietly and reliably. Now that you are no longer the only OneNote app I suggest you sort this issue out before your customers evaporate.

I can't believe you are not having these issues in testing. Are you using real world iPhones and iPads (i.e. with lots of apps and data on as opposed to clean test machines)? I'm quite sure that for every user like me who comments on these problems there must be ten who simply uninstall the app and switch to something like Evernote. Please, guys, sort it out!

craig warhurst |

8/16/2011 7:47:15 AM #

Same for me, I was very enthousiastic too. But unfortunately, It doesn't work correctly. It took hours and hours to sync. Finally I was able to retrieve my data from the cloud on my ipad. But no sync from PC to the cloud although the sync icon works normally.

Denis Goldschmidt |

8/16/2011 11:49:57 AM #

Clutter frame images still waste my precious iPad 9.7inch Screen. Current program layout and frame images make my iPad2 into 7 inch GalaxyTab in point of user-space. I sent you the email with screenshot and hope next version have the function to turn-off the unecessary frame images.

Pilsung Moon |

8/16/2011 7:14:02 PM #

Hi, I am so dissappointed with Mobilenoter, each update seems to be less reliable than the previous one.
For me the Windows client [2.4.7] seems to work well, the iPad client [2.4] lasts 2" then crashes. I'll have to find a better solution.

Julian Briscoe |

8/16/2011 8:48:51 PM #

I also have experienced sync issues via wifi since update to 4.2. The sync from my ipad just seems to hang at the stage it says "sending local data'. My desktop mobilenoter icon indicates the ipad is connected and syncing for about 2 min but then stops, the ipad continues to try and sync for 5 min or so and then reports it can not continue due to being interupted by iOS.

log from PC as below:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MobileNoter
Date:          18/08/2011 9:06:41 p.m.
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Owner-PC.meadows.local
Description:
The description for Event ID 0 from source MobileNoter cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '{296C1E74-9F70-488A-9B14-12F6BE03F96F}{1}{B0}.zip' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete(Boolean recursive)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Utils.AppUtil.CleanTempFolderPath()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Utils.AppUtil.Exit()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Launcher.menuItemExit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Event Xml:
schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x80000000000000

937310
    Application
    Owner-PC.meadows.local

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete(Boolean recursive)
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Utils.AppUtil.CleanTempFolderPath()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Utils.AppUtil.Exit()
   at MobileNoter.PCClient.Launcher.menuItemExit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Error  18/08/2011 9:06:41 p.m.  MobileNoter  0  None

Neil St George |

8/16/2011 8:51:21 PM #

Seems like my experience isn't unique looking at the comments above. The sync is getting less reliable, as I posted above, now it's not working at all! I'm contemplating a clean install and sync of MobileNoter on iPad, but I know the last time it took HOURS to complete over wifi. I don't understand why it should take that long for what is primarily a text sync. Now it's still stuck in Preparing->Getting local info->Sending local info and BAM, app crash. Please fix this ASAP. Thank you,

Vele |

8/20/2011 7:42:15 PM #

I also have experienced the same sync issues via wifi since the most recent update. It seems to hang at the stage it says "sending local info". Any idea how to resolve this???

Kia Ming |

8/21/2011 2:27:10 PM #

Cannot seem to select, copy, paste from or to the synced onenotes or new notes.  Looks like the select, copy, past functionality seem to be missing.

bnk |

8/22/2011 9:30:39 AM #

This functionality currently exists in Quick Notes only, but it will be added to notebooks viewer/editor in the update.