MobileNoter SE 1.3

Tuesday, 05/31/2011, 07:28 PM by admin

Here comes another update for the MobileNoter SE for Android.

MobileNoter SE 1.3 supports synchronization of the password protected sections: now you don't need to remove the password in OneNote to get the sections synced. SkyDrive synchronization stability has also been improved.

We also continue working on a what is abortion version 2.0 that will include page editing capabilities. We are planning to release it in the end of the summer.

MobileNoter SE 1.3 is already available in Android Market and will be available in Amazon App Store a bit later.

Comments

5/29/2011 12:00:16 AM #

1.3 still not working with skydrive on Galaxy S2 running 2.3.3. Same error as comments in 1.2.1.

Neil B |

5/29/2011 4:36:14 AM #

We're currently studiying the problem. Probably we'll release another hotfix.

5/29/2011 5:54:22 AM #

Could you please send an inquiry to support@mobilenoter.com?
Please mention that you are the person who have left the comment on this blog.

5/29/2011 11:38:00 AM #

My MobileNoter SE 1.3 hasn't synced in 2-3 days...I use this at work and really need updatee information...it goes to my skydrive...I can view the updated notebook on the Skydrive and even with Onenote on an iPhone..but MobileNoter SE 1.3 is not showing the updated notebook.

Brian |

5/30/2011 9:15:30 AM #

Please try reconfiguring the app, make sure that sync with SkyDrive is enabled.

5/29/2011 5:09:13 PM #

How well does this product work with Honeycomb ?  Thinking of purchasing it for my tablet

Andrew phillips |

5/30/2011 9:16:37 AM #

It doesn't support Android 3.0 officially yet, but in general it should work.

6/22/2011 12:59:40 AM #

Just installed it and the text editing does not work

Chris Elmquist |

6/25/2011 2:36:06 AM #

SE edition is not supporting editing of text, read the description of the product, its a read only application.

Lars |

5/30/2011 2:58:06 AM #

I tried 1.2.1 and returned it because it didnt work with skydrive. I contacted support and i was told that the issues i was seeing would be fixed in the 1.3 release yesterday. he also told me to test it using a new account. so i made a new @live.com acocunt and figured i would test both to see what would work. i made a one note file in both. when i try to work with my @msn.com email address i can put my creds in and i can test the connection and it passes but then when i try to sync i get a "failed to parse redirection to passport service". when i use my @live.com account, when i try to test the connection, i get "unexpected IO exception: Read error: ssl=0x382140: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error"

Mitch Taylor |

6/3/2011 4:16:08 PM #

Mitch, please contact the support team via e-mail support@mobilenoter.com. There are some logs required from your device.

6/3/2011 12:11:07 PM #

I downloaded and installed SE last week on my droid2 and it worked. a few days later I open MobileNoter on droid, click on "Notebooks", and there's nothing. I had 2 notebooks previously and now they're gone. I'm using Dropbox, and the data in there. As I do the sync on my droid, then click on "Sync Status", I see the datafolders/files go by and the red progress bar counting data bytes. When completed, it says "Sync has finished". I click on OK button, go to Notebooks, and...nothing is there. I do see a box flash by after I click on the Notebooks icon, but it's gone so quickly, I can't read what it says. There is NO handwritten notes. Please advise, very frustrating.

Robb |

6/3/2011 9:19:04 PM #

Please send your report to support@mobilenoter.com

6/5/2011 6:01:38 PM #

What report should I be sending? where do I find it?

Robb |

6/6/2011 2:11:38 AM #

Just send an inquiry and the support team will tell what to do next.

6/12/2011 4:22:06 AM #

While I'm excited about the prospect of having access to oneNote notes from my android phone - I'm very concerned about security.

I am disappointed that your idea of "syncing" with a password protected section means "decrypting it onto the SD Card" and then "not protecting the decrypted content with a password".  You should at least allow a password on the application, or even better on the individual password protected folder. Also for the best security the content should be encrypted on the sd card if it was encrypted on the original source.

Please let me know when encrypted data content will be properly supported, so that we are not putting encrypted data at risk by using your program.

RocBusinessman |

6/13/2011 1:12:03 PM #

This is only the first version that handles password protected sections, so we are going to improve security features in next updates.
Please notice that now you can delete application content from your device, we've added such option to app settings.

6/16/2011 4:35:41 PM #

Any news on mobilenoter se for iPhone? Need beta testers?

Frütz |

6/18/2011 12:02:23 AM #

It hasn't reached the beta stage yet. But when it will we'll surely make an announcement.

6/19/2011 6:46:35 PM #

I have installed both versions of Mobile Noter on my Android and cannot figure out how to add a new Note - looks like there should be a Quick Note function, but I cannot locate it.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Debbie

Debbie |

6/20/2011 9:24:27 AM #

MobileNoter for Android doesn't have a Quick Note function. We haven't implemented it because we're adding a page creation function in one of the next updates.

6/24/2011 1:13:42 AM #

Do you guys plan to  support the scribe technology from htc for example the htc flyer and evo ?

fred |

6/26/2011 7:04:43 AM #

Maybe we'll support it in the tablet version of the MobileNoter for Android, but there is no exact infromation yet.

7/8/2011 6:54:13 AM #