MobileNoter SE 1.2 with Windows Live SkyDrive support

Wednesday, 04/27/2011, 10:52 PM by admin

Due to our users request we add support for one more cloud storage service to MobileNoter SE for Android: now it is the Windows Live SkyDrive. If you have a Windows Live ID and store your OneNote notebooks online, now you can use MobileNoter SE to sync with those notebooks without involving any additional software.

Please note: there can be some issues with text formatting and tags on pages created via Microsoft Office Web Apps (not the desktop version of OneNote). This will be fixed in one of the next updates.

MobileNoter SE 1.2 for Android also includes the following improvements:

• Now you can check is abortion legal if you are successfully connected to the Dropbox or SkyDrive server from the Settings menu

MobileNoter SE Settings

• You can skip the file downloading process during synchronization with cloud storages

• Synchronization button is now rotating while the synchronization is performed

• You can check the synchronization status using this option:

MobileNoter SE sync status

• Now you can easily remove folders from the sync list:

MobileNoter SE folder list

Don’t forget to update your MobileNoter SE to the version 1.2!

4/23/2011 8:04:14 PM #

Wow, so now I can keep desktop onenote 2010 and mobilenoter always in sync through skydrive, right? And access synced notes through the office web apps as well? Great news!

dodi |

4/23/2011 9:06:44 PM #

Yes, that's right!

4/24/2011 2:37:28 AM #

Cant't wait for a tablet version (honeycomb/ipad) then, this is a killer feature for me!

dodi |

4/23/2011 8:43:25 PM #

With 9 of your last 10 blog posts talking about updates, fixes, etc. related to the Android version of your product, do you plan to update your iOS version anymore?  It hasn't received an update in quite some time.  Have you stopped supporting it?  Many have asked before in other posts but -when- might we expect something?

Eric |

4/23/2011 9:09:11 PM #

We are starting the beta test of MobileNoter for iPhone 2.4 this week. This update includes improved synchronization (it allows to sync more than one device without problmes) and possibility to create pages within notebooks. So, it will be released soon. How soon - it will depend on amount of bugs we find. Smile

4/23/2011 8:47:32 PM #

And what about iPhone?

Dmitriy |

4/23/2011 9:10:26 PM #

As I've mentioned above - soon there will be released the version 2.4. And MobileNoter SE for iOS is expected to be released in summer.

4/24/2011 5:02:43 AM #

I would love to use the Anroid SE version, but as long as I'am not able to edit my notes it is not useful. Can you estimate when this feature will be added?

Andi |

4/24/2011 6:02:35 AM #

It will be added in the beginning of the summer.

4/24/2011 11:14:21 AM #

I am getting the message unable to install or run the application it requires that the assembly version be installed in the Global Assembly cache (gac) first

what should I do? thanks in advance!

andres stephany |

4/25/2011 1:39:51 AM #

Please try installing Microsoft Primary Interop Assemblies (PIA), available on Microsoft website:
For OneNote 2010:
For OneNote 2007:

4/25/2011 10:48:18 PM #

I just purchased SE from the Amazon AppStore.  it seems to be version 1.1.3.  How do I get 1.2?

Bruce Thompson |

4/27/2011 12:12:16 PM #

Bruce, Amazon AppStore has pre-moderation, so the update can appear in it with a delay. Please check once again later.

5/1/2011 9:48:21 AM #

Still not update in Amazon. Any idea when they will update mobilenoter?

Fred |

5/2/2011 4:50:54 AM #

Last time it took about two weeks until the app became vailable for customers. Probably it's still in approval.

4/27/2011 6:52:49 PM #

I bougth mobilenoter on Amazon and tried but it seems that notebooks doen't support text color, or images. Is this right?

It is just showing text!

How come in the sample notebooks there are images and rich formatting.

I would have like to see the limitations of the SE edition on the website.

Fred |

4/28/2011 5:00:41 PM #

Fred, the only limitation of the MobileNoter SE are inks: they are not displayed on the device. Other types of content are supported.
What version of OneNote are you using?

4/28/2011 10:45:28 PM #

Yes it seems that the problem is that I was using Onenote2007.  I did try converting the notebook to 2010 and still didn't show images or colors. I had to create a new notebook in onenote 2010 and copy and paste the content. Then it showed color and images.

Are you guys planning to support onenote 2007?

Fred |

4/29/2011 3:55:49 PM #

No, I'm afraid not. More and more people are moving to OneNote 2010 and OneNote 2007 doesn't have SkyDrive integration.

4/30/2011 3:13:37 AM #

Pingback from

MobileNoter works with Windows Live SkyDrive now «  Lessons to be learned |

5/2/2011 8:50:47 AM #

This is what makes it useable to me. Thanks very much.

Mark |

5/3/2011 3:07:49 AM #

If we purchsed on Amazon, it is possible to download the latest version somewhere else in the mean time?

Scott Hellewell |

5/3/2011 6:58:53 AM #

Sorry, but it's not technically possible.

5/8/2011 5:05:41 PM #

I really wish I had known the Amazon app store version never gets updated, or at least takes forever to update before I purchased through there.

How far along is the editing capability.  Will it allow adding new pages or just editing existing pages?

Is there any chance of adding support for syncing with a Office 365 sharepoint one note file as well?

Scott Hellewell |

5/7/2011 9:05:16 PM #

I would be willing to beta the editing for android, I have a Samsung moment, HTC Evo, an HTC evo shift, and a Notion Ink Adam tablet. Waiting for Android SE editing support before I purchase this fantastic app.

If they ever release Android OneNote, Microsoft will have a hard time competing with your product!

Also as a suggestion, you may want to link to the Microsoft tutorials on OneNote, many people have one note, but don't use it, because it looks complicated, or they are unaware of its' capabilities.

Finndo |

5/10/2011 1:40:47 AM #

Thank you! We'll include you in our beta tester list.
We already have some links to infromation about OneNote: they can be found in the Quick Start Guide inside the app.

5/8/2011 1:50:12 AM #

Hi, I both MobileNoter SE from the Android market and it works with my HTC Desire Z perfectly.

But unfortunately the synch from my Windows Life SkyDrive account to the mobile does not work. When I check the connection to SkyDrive everything is okay and I can even find my folder on SkyDrive. Then when I press synch after about 2 minutes the following error message comes: "Failed to parse redirection to passport service."

What is or what I am doing wrong?

Patrick |

5/10/2011 1:42:51 AM #

Thank you for the info. We haven't recieved any similar reports yet, so we'll try to reproduce the problem and find out what can cause it.

5/10/2011 11:48:34 AM #

Ok, thx, hopefully you can find a solution.

Patrick |

5/13/2011 10:12:28 PM #

Hello, I was wondering whether you could help me?

I purchased MobileNoter SE from the market a few weeks ago and installed on my advent vega running android 2.2 and everything was working fine.

Today I tried out a few different roms, one running android 2.3.3 and the other running android 3.0

With both of these, when checking connection to my skydrive account, the error message "Unexpected IO exception: Read error: ssl=0x2405c8: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error" came up meaning I'm unable to sync.

I also tried on my Samsung Galaxy S and the same message appears.  I've tried while connected to wifi and to HSDPA.

I don't know whether it's because it worked on my tablet as the SE 1.2 and now the new 1.2.1 version is in the market, and it's that which is the problem, or whether it doesn't like running on anything about android 2.2?

Any help would be much appreciated, I use onenote on a daily basis.

Many thanks Smile

PeteA |

5/15/2011 9:36:43 PM #

Will the problem persist if you launch the sync again after the error message?