Record audio and sync it to OneNote with MobileNoter for Android 2.2

Thursday, 04/07/2011, 12:27 AM by admin

More features are coming to MobileNoter for Android. This time it is the audio recordings support.

You can start recording audio and do other actions, like typing or drawing generic abortion pill during the record process. The recordings are time-synced, like it is done in OneNote.

Don't forget to update your MobileNoter to the version 2.2!

4/4/2011 1:16:39 PM #

This is most welcome and seems to work fine.

When is better editing and add a page coming?

It does strike me that this app could be quite a good standalone notetaker app even if you don't use onenote. Why don't you market it that way too?

scoobie |

4/8/2011 11:23:30 AM #

Such version is planned to be released in 3 months. We consider improving functionality of our app as a standalone notetaker, but compatibility with OneNote is still our primary goal.

4/5/2011 12:15:47 PM #

This is what I need! Couple questions and recommendations.

1)You say "time synced," what do you mean? I assumed it meant audio was linked to text a drawings, currently it is not. Can you make it to where I can see the recording time while taking handwritten notes? If it's not linked, I can still at least write down on my notes what time it was when I wrote a specific note this way.

2)Is there a way to change the default settings? I want the thinnest line option in the color black, however, every-time I go in it requires me to change the options from the default back to my preference.

3) I like having a college ruled paper background, but when I sync, it doesn't keep the background on the non PC device, can you fix that?

The added audio has finally made it worth the purchase to me, but fixing these couple bugs would make it so much easier to use and more useful.

Steve Vercellino |

4/8/2011 11:26:33 AM #

1. It means that items which were created during the recording process will get highlighted in OneNote at the proper point of the record (while playing it).
2. Sorry, currently there is no such option.
3. Which device are you using? Can you send this background to us?

4/11/2011 1:54:56 AM #

After playing around with the program, here's what I got. I'll divide this into where the Recording, inks, and text originate. A)Device B)PC

1)Audio DOES sync great with text to pc, but cannot be listened to with sync function on the device. You can play recording, but uses default media player and does not highlight what it is synced to
2) Audio DOES NOT sync with inking whatsoever, just shows inking on pc

3)Does not allow input from external keyboard, but does allow external keyboard to name audio files(weird).

B)1)Mobilenoter won't sync any page with recording synced that originated from pc whether it is ink or type. (Finished sync with errors)

PC: 0S Windows Vista 32
Tablet- Viewsonic Gtablet: Android 2.2/ VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1

steve vercellino |

4/18/2011 8:10:35 AM #

Have you had a chance to look at my problem?

Steve Vercellino |

4/19/2011 7:05:48 AM #

Steve, sorry for the delay. Audio recordings aren't synced with inks in MobileNoter, unfortunately.
About the problem: possibly something is wrong with the encoder on the Windows Sync Client side. Please send some information about the error to our support e-mail:

4/24/2011 3:59:22 AM #

I got the error failed to record audio when I tried it on a Pocket edge.

Fred |

4/24/2011 12:32:05 PM #

Please contact our support team via e-mail