Synchronization gets even easier with MobileNoter SE 1.1!

Monday, 03/28/2011, 11:24 PM by admin

MobileNoter SE 1.1 has an integrated Dropbox sync functionality. It doesn't require installing the Windows Sync Client or any additional tools, loading notebooks via USB connection or any other actions on your side.

All you need to do is to store your notes in Dropbox and to log into your Dropbox account in the MobileNoter application. After this you'll be able to sync your notes in one touch and you can do it anywhere and at any moment. This is the fastest and most convenient way to synchronize your Android device with Microsoft OneNote. Synchronization has never been taking abortion pill that easy!

Download the MobileNoter SE 1.1 now!

UPDATE: MobileNoter SE for iOS is planned to be released in Q3 2011. Most probably it will be sold through the App Store (no PayPal, finally).

3/25/2011 9:54:44 PM #

And what about optimization / conflicts? Is the complete file synced? or only the changes?

Marco |

3/27/2011 2:21:41 AM #

In the current version .one files (sections) which were modified are synced. We are going to optimize it in future.

3/26/2011 1:25:20 PM #

I purchased MobileNoter SE 1.0, which came with a link to download. How do I upgrade to 1.1? MobileNoter does not appear in the installed Apps for Google Market and to download again I need to purchase again. I presume an upgrade is free at this early stage.

Kevin |

3/27/2011 2:20:27 AM #

Kevin, please send a letter with your purchase order number to Maybe something has gone wrong with the purchase process.

3/26/2011 4:46:36 PM #

Clearly Dropbox is the leader in this area.  I'd ask that you consider Sugarsync or other Dropbox competitors based on your target customers and market share.  Or, you could probably do something universal that wasn't dropbox specific depending on how their APIs work.

realistdreamer |

3/27/2011 2:23:08 AM #

Thanks for the suggestion.

3/27/2011 8:12:36 AM #

I may have missed this but when do you plan to include the Dropbox sync in the iPhone version?

Marlene |

3/28/2011 3:31:58 AM #

Please see the post update.

3/27/2011 9:10:50 AM #

Nice feature, but I am still waiting for them to fix the two biggest issues with this application.

1) The interface to modify a note created in One Note originally is horrendous.

2) Synching on the WiFi is buggy. The dropbox helps this, but our note files are shared internally via more effective avenues and on the iPad, you can only sync with a single dropbox account at a time making sharing difficult across multiple users that require some level of security.

Jeff Hays |

3/28/2011 8:51:14 AM #

Jeff, editing interface will be changed in future. Possibly there will be 2 modes: a view mode with preserved formatting and the edit mode where formatting is optimized for easy editing.

3/27/2011 9:40:06 AM #

Will the iPhone/iPad version get this functionality? I love the use of dropbox and this would be a great addition to the app.

Eric Verno |

3/28/2011 3:37:39 AM #

Please see the post update.

3/27/2011 10:13:30 AM #

Dropbox functionality for Windows desktop and iPad please.

Jake Pollack |

3/28/2011 3:38:11 AM #

Please see the post update.

3/27/2011 11:54:31 AM #

drop box support for iOS please. I had to stop using mobile noter for iphone as my notebooks are too big for the memory available on my iphone.  However, I use it on my ipad.  I have a problem with timing out or pages not loading if they are rather large.  DropBox (ie just dragging my .one files) would be a perfect solution on my iPad.

Scott |

3/28/2011 3:38:51 AM #

Please see the post update.

3/27/2011 1:48:01 PM #

Any chance of similar integration with windows live skydrive in the future?

Jon |

3/28/2011 3:41:04 AM #

Yes, we consider adding SkyDrive support.

3/28/2011 2:15:19 AM #

Sugarsync would allow sync across multiple devices for better sharing.  I think the best long term solution, if possible, is to create a universal ability to sync the necessary files using native abilities of many cloud storage sites.  Let the cloud storage app do the file syncing and just have Mobilenoter pull a file that is easily placed in a synced folder.  Seems knowledge of manipulating the file system would be the most important requirement.  Might be easier on Android.

Since I develop some, I know requests can only be fulfilled when they are either interesting or profitable.  I'm sure iOS will be coming as it would be the most profitable.

realistdreamer |

3/28/2011 8:53:58 AM #

We are heading towards this direction: some other cloud storage services are planned to be supported, probably the next step will be SkyDrive.

3/28/2011 3:11:13 AM #

What can the version 2.0 Android Mobilenoter do that the 1.1 version of Mobile Noter SE cannot?  Regarding notebook editing?

Derek |

3/28/2011 3:40:20 AM #

MobileNoter 2.0 has editing capabilities and syncs through the Windows Sync Client.
MobileNoter SE works with files directly and doesn't have editing capabilities yet (but they will be added later).

3/29/2011 8:26:08 AM #

Dropbox sync wont work - go to Sync Directories\Edit Sync List\ and get pop up "internal error in dropbox sync system" Clicking on the dropbox folder gives "Content is unavailable".

have triple checked username and password, no problems there. Dropbox app works fine. Got rid of special characters and spaces from my password, which has been a problem with other android apps, again no result.

Help welcome, this is a pretty expensive app not to work, particularly as I already paid for the wifi version.

Bish |

3/29/2011 9:29:29 PM #

We've solved this issue in the version 1.1.2. Please update your application.

3/29/2011 8:35:13 AM #

Hello mobilenoter Team,

Dropbox-Support is very cool, but Skydrive Support would be the absolut greatest thing. There is a Android App called Sorami witch has Skydrive Support.

I am using OneNote 2010 with the SkyDrive features very excessly on my Computers and love the Feature of Windows Phone 7 (witch I do not have)...

Hope the SkyDrive feature is comming very soon!! Smile
You are doing a great work!

With best regards

Christian Rech |

4/4/2011 11:50:07 PM #

Just one simple question:
Is it possible to access the Data without having internet access? are the notes also stored locally, or online only?

Markus |

4/6/2011 7:51:31 AM #

Notes are also stored locally, so you can access them even when you are offline.

4/17/2011 7:31:32 PM #

Skydrive would seem to be an obvious supported platform for sync.  I mean Outlook 2010 wants you to put all shared notebooks on your skydrive by default.  That is the only way I sync my notebooks across multiple desktops and my WP7.  Would love to have this ability for my Android tablet as well.

Jason Short |

4/21/2011 10:23:30 AM #

I am a paying MobileNoter user and I request SkyDrive support as well! I have OneNote 2010 on my laptop syncing via SkyDrive to my WP7 and generally use MobileNoter on my Android in read-only mode as the sync via the MN cloud just doesn't work too well (e.g. I made a change on Android, and one on the PC, which would result in a conflict usually - there was no conflict but the change from the phone was lost...).

Anton Babadjanov |