MobileNoter for Android 2.1

Monday, 03/21/2011, 01:31 AM by admin

MobileNoter for Android keeps online abortion pills being loaded with new features (or, to be honest, old features to iOS, but new to Android). Version 2.1 includes inking support which will allow to draw on your pages. You can select inks color and line thickness.

Download the MobileNoter 2.1 from Android Market!

Update with audio recording support will arrive a bit later.

3/17/2011 4:29:22 AM #

That is great news, this makes the noter more usable with android tablets.  The biggest drawback to the Android version is the inability to make new notes.  The interface seems designed primarily for mobile phones, and I can understand that that is how it started.  I'd like to point out that the new Android operating system is tablet orientated, and the tablets are becoming more common.  I myself have a tablet and one of the reasons I bought it was to sync notes.  This is the closest I can get and I have to remember to set up new blanks before I leave my desk so I can use them from my tablet because the Android version still can't create new notes.  This is very frustrating and it seems it should have been a higher priority than adding a draw feature.

Right now it is easier to use any other text editor on my tablet and just transpose it when I get back to my desk; frustrating since I even paid for MobileNoter.

RT |

3/17/2011 8:33:07 PM #

Page creation functionality is already in development for a long time and it is much more complex feature than inks or something like that. It will be added to the app as soon as it is done and we hope it won't take long.

3/26/2011 4:07:27 PM #

Thanks, I will keep watching.

RT |

3/18/2011 8:09:14 AM #

Still no support for the Xoom keyboard, even in 2.1. :-(

Jason |

3/19/2011 6:02:10 AM #

Sorry, the issue is not fixed yet, but we are working on a solution.

3/18/2011 11:44:10 PM #

On my nexus one,the links are not working anymore. Did I miss something ?

Jocelyn |

3/19/2011 6:03:08 AM #

Were they working correctly previously?

3/20/2011 12:40:56 PM #

Yes, in the first version, url and mail links were working, were'nt they?

Jocelyn |

3/20/2011 1:25:00 PM #

Yes, they were and they should work in the current version too. Will they work, if you resynchronize your notebooks?

3/21/2011 12:52:21 AM #

Will the quick notes feature be in future android versions?

Steve |

3/21/2011 10:49:58 PM #

No, because soon it will be possible to create pages on the device.

3/21/2011 5:38:51 PM #

Did'nt resync,your update solve it. Thanks.

Jocelyn |

3/23/2011 2:44:23 AM #

I've tried everything to get 2.1 to wifi sync. IP address entered, etc. I'm not sure how mobilenoter is suppose to connect with my wifi since there is no place to enter wifi password. but i continue to get "network error" when I try to pair device. any help would be very much appreciated.i'm not new to computers but am to android. i'm learning there are "several" more steps to make certain apps work that i guess i'm just suppose to know.
Windows 7 enterprise 64bit and HTC Thunderbolt

emory |

3/25/2011 3:31:31 AM #

It seems that your device is not connected to the Wi-Fi network. You need to enter the Wi-Fi password not in the MobileNoter (or any other app) but in your phone network settings.

3/31/2011 12:07:11 PM #

Been using Mobilenoter (not heavily) since Beta was released.  Have just purchased the full licence.  I have 2 questions:

I can not add notebooks to the WiFi sync list in the Windows Client, how do i do this?
Will MobileNoter SE work with OneNote 2007 (web doesn't mention a problem, but the Android Market notes for the App does?

Regardss and thanks for a very nice app!

John |

4/3/2011 1:47:54 AM #

To add notebooks to the Windows Sync Client, you need to open them in OneNote.
MobileNoter SE can work with OneNote 2007, but page formatting can get corrupted in it.

4/2/2011 9:57:44 AM #

I have the Droid X connected via wi-fi to my Windows XP laptop though I cannot get the pairing to work.  When I hit sync, MobileNoter shows me a wait pointer and comes back with a timeout error after several minutes.  Sometimes the application freezes.  I tried disabling encryption and the PC firewall without effect.

Could this be a software conflict?  Are there diagnostics to determine the source of the problem?

Derek |

4/3/2011 1:48:54 AM #

Please check the Wi-Fi General tab of the Windows Sync Client. Is the Wi-Fi module functioning properly?

4/3/2011 1:19:15 PM #

The sync client indicates that the wireless module is enabled and registered with the bonjour service.  How would I check the connection itself.  Also for an adhoc wireless connection do I need proxy address setup.

Derek |

4/11/2011 11:17:25 PM #

We haven't tested if the adhoc connection is possible. Probably you need to set up your PC as an access point.

4/10/2011 9:35:29 PM #

I've just download Mobilenoter for my Xperia X10i and was able to sync it via the cloud option. However, I prefer the wifi-sync option since I'm always with my computer and my notebooks have a quite large size. Additionally, it's more practical on my end to only pay once for the sync functionality. The problem is, i am not able to get the my mobile device as well as my PC paired. It has "Pairing in progress..." status and nothing happens. Both my PC and mobile device are connected to our wireless router so i'm sure that it is connected to the wifi.. Can you please help?

iloveOneNoteapp |

4/11/2011 11:18:35 PM #

Possibly the firewall software is blocking the connection. Please try disabling it.

4/17/2011 1:19:11 AM #

can we upgrade from android 2.1 features to android 2.2? If can, how to upgrade from my 1st-gadget using android 2.1 features to android 2.2?
Even it's enough with my 1st-gadget and android 2.1 features, but if it can be upgraded, it would be nice..

android 2.1 features |