MobileNoter for iPhone 2.4

Thursday, 03/03/2011, 11:36 PM by admin

There were no news about the iOS version of MobileNoter for quite a long period of time. Now we are going to change the situation and publish some info about the next release.

Next major update of the MobileNoter for iOS is the MobileNoter for iPhone 2.4. It will be released in about a month and will include such important features as ability to create pages in notebooks on the device abortion pill indiana and improved synchronization algorithm. The new synchronization helps to avoid the problems with syncing more than one device.

As usual, we are looking for beta-testers who want to try the app before it is released and report possible problems. If you want to be one of them, feel free to send a request to support@mobilenoter.com

Beta will be available in a week or two.

Comments

3/1/2011 12:47:59 PM #

Great! What about the iPad version?

Travis |

3/2/2011 8:28:30 AM #

iPad version will also be released rather soon, after the iPhone version.

3/3/2011 12:39:28 PM #

Hi! Yesterday I subscribed this software and found it a excellent app to read OneNote on my ipod touch. One problem I noticed later though is that it cannot display mathematical equation in OneNote pages. Will it be handled in following versions?

Star |

3/6/2011 11:14:54 PM #

We consider adding equations support, but at this moment I cannot tell exactly when.

3/6/2011 5:34:53 AM #

Please add a tab key, a button,  or some way to make doing an outline easier.  I think the thing most of us love about OneNote is how easy it is to outline our notes and then tag them.   I struggle getting a simple outline going in the ipad mobilenoter app.  With that said, this app is the only reason I bought an ipad over a tablet laptop so kudos for that.

Matt |

3/7/2011 11:36:54 AM #

Hopefully there will be a new icon too. I really don't like the current one and think people probably pass over a really well designed app because of it.

Tylor Skory |

3/7/2011 10:11:35 PM #

We are planning a small rebranding, it will include a new logo and icon too.

3/10/2011 11:01:48 AM #

Just bought for my new iPad 2.  Inking is good, but should be able to change opacity and line thickness for highlighting ability!

Joseph Petrsoric |

3/22/2011 5:52:28 AM #

Hi,

Good work on mobilenoter so far. Doesn't crash and syncing has been solid.

However, I ran into a problem with inking. Synced a test page to the iphone, then I made some ink notes on the iphone, and re-synced. the test page is now gone from the iphone, and the ink notes are not seen on windows' onenote. What happened?

Schlave |

3/26/2011 11:05:05 PM #

Have you been using inks before this issue? If you create a page with inks and some other content, what will happen after the sync? Please reply to support@mobilenoter.com

3/25/2011 4:27:50 AM #

I have ver 2.3 on my Ipod Touch 3Gs.  When I sync with wifi the quicknotes vanish.  In my Ontnote on the target PC the required Mobile Noter notebook exists but there is no content.  Sometimes I get an error when syncing, like the first time, when Onenote is open.  When I closed Onenote and did a sync again there were no errors but still no new pages added in the quick notes - iphone area.

I changed the storage location of the Mobile Noter on my PC to a different drive and path as well if that matters.

everything says it's working in the Wifi settings page on the PC client and my device is paired with no problems.  I can see my other notebooks on the Ipod just fine.

Where are my quick notes going?

Dean |

3/26/2011 9:41:52 PM #

Please check the Windows Event Log for errors. To do this, run “eventvwr”, select  “Windows Logs” -“Application” tab and look for “MobileNoter”, “OneNote” mentioned in the “Source” field. If you find anything, please send it to support@mobilenoter.com.

3/25/2011 5:26:48 AM #

I'm trying to determine if I'm waiting for MN2.4 for iPad or MN SE for iPad.
I have one iPad2 and one Desktop Onenote.  I want to use Sugarsync/Dropbox for seamless syncing between necessary files.

I've read the posts/comments, but I'm not sure what I'm waiting for or an idea when it will arrive.

Thanks

realistdreamer |

3/26/2011 11:06:34 PM #

If you want to use Dropbox, you'll need MobileNoter SE. iPad version of the MobileNoter SE will be released in Q3 2011.

3/29/2011 10:59:22 AM #

Q3? To a software engineer (and I was one) that means September 30 but better just leave it till mid-October to be safe. Oh come on guys, the iPad version should be your flagship product since the screen is big enough to do serious work with. I've supported MN since day one and am not all that impressed with this recent love affair with Android.

Craig |

3/30/2011 11:24:47 AM #

Well, we want to think that it will be the beginning of the Q3. Smile We understand the importance of the iPad version but in some cases it's easier to implement and test the feature on Android, then port it to the iOS.

3/28/2011 7:51:10 PM #

I am really excited about the ipad version. Can't wait until its out.

Advertising Copywriter |

3/29/2011 10:23:48 AM #

Will the new iPhone version allow syncing with DropBox?

David Seymour |

3/30/2011 11:27:50 AM #

Version 2.4 will sync the same way as previous versions. Dropbox support will appear in the MobileNoter SE.

3/29/2011 12:40:44 PM #

I'm a huge Dropbox user, so I hope Your Q3 release will publish on July 1st.  Smile

Peter Henley |

3/29/2011 6:32:39 PM #

I am confused.  Does MobileNoter SE run on an iPhone?  If not do you have a release date?

Thank you.

Peter Weinrobe |

3/30/2011 11:01:04 AM #

Peter, currently there is no MobileNoter SE for iPhone, but it will be in the second half of the year.

3/30/2011 12:41:58 PM #

If I understood you right, new version of MobileNoter allows net synchronization. If yes, that's cool!

Mobile application development |

3/30/2011 8:18:14 PM #

great! one of the most usefull apps getting better!

tuca |