Edit OneNote pages on Android device!

Tuesday, 02/15/2011, 12:33 AM by admin

MobileNoter for Android 2.0 will be released in abortion techniques several days!

In this version it will be possible to edit your pages the same way as in iOS version. You will be able to edit text in outlines, change its formatting and add pictures (stored on your device or taken by camera) to the pages.

Please note that MobileNoter for Android 2.0 will not be free. People who are using the version 1.0 at this moment will get a trial period. After this period ends, they will have to pay if they want to continue using the application.

And here is a couple of screenshots:

Comments

2/12/2011 7:22:53 AM #

I am interested in MobileNoter for Android.  From the latest post on version 2.0, will there be any differences in functionality compared to the iPhone version or the full OneNote application?

Derek |

2/14/2011 2:06:05 AM #

In comparison to iOS version MobileNoter for Android 2.0 doesn't support inking and audio recording on the device. Other features are implemented.

2/12/2011 11:06:30 PM #

I currently use microsoft's windows live cloud synce thingy  to sync between my desktop and laptop.

What is the best way to work mobile noter into this please?

Wifi or cloud?

how?

AK |

2/14/2011 3:22:22 AM #

You need to install the Windows Sync Client either on your laptop or on the PC. Then you can use the type of sync which better fits your setup. Cloud sync can be performed from anywhere, but the Wi-Fi sync can be faster if you have large notebooks.

2/15/2011 6:45:08 AM #

Glad to see improvements in ver 2.0. Will we also see
a) the ability to create new notes on Android phone
b) ability to apply & change tags on Android?

Hamlett |

2/20/2011 1:42:46 AM #

Yes, these features are planned. When there will be any more info, we'll publish it on this blog.

2/15/2011 6:55:05 AM #

The Clound sync seems incredibly slow, even over WiFi. This is particularly the case when compared with other products such as My Life Organised. One simple text change to a note has so far taken 15 minutes and there's no indication of progress (on Android). The whole notebook is fairly small.

Is this being worked on? for me it makes the product unusable. It seemed a lot faster with the read-only version for the initial sync, but editing notes is essential for me.

Nick |

2/15/2011 3:38:07 PM #

I absolutely love it. the final missing piece for my migration from only good WM 6.5 to android. it will be a killer app on android (and even more if it can sync directly with windows live and handle encrypted session).

I can't seem to paste test into v2.0 yet. Is this intentionally (or because iOS does not have it so it is not yet implemented?).  it would be nice (and how I intent to use it) to copy text from web, url, etc and save it to mobilenoter, gets synced back to my desktop, which then gets synced to windows live and available anywhere.

Hansong |

2/17/2011 4:01:50 PM #

Hey, Will the inking feature be added to the Android version of the app? If so, is there a time line to expect this (weeks, months...)?
I'm waiting on this specific feature to buy the app.

Hammer |

2/22/2011 3:57:22 AM #

Update with inking support will be released in March.

2/19/2011 1:13:24 AM #

Is the stand alone version able to synce the one note note book through the usb on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, or is the only synce and use capability via either WiFi/Cloud?  How does the stand alone version synce?

Last question, I do not see how to create a new page, is this not possible on the 2.0 for android?

dkelly5 |

2/22/2011 4:09:41 AM #

Standalone Editon doesn't include Cloud or Wi-Fi sync, it works with files stored in a folder on the device. So, yes, these files can be loaded via USB.

Possibility to create pages on the device is in development, it will be added in one of  next updates.

2/20/2011 2:27:30 PM #

I am a huge fan of the concept of Mobile Noter on Android, and in anticipation of good things to come have purchased the wi-fi version and also subscribed to the cloud version.  Unfortunately I am still not able to find the capability to edit pages or add pages on the latest version from the Android Marketplace (Galaxy Tab).  Given that I am providing financial support to develop a decent product, I would like to know when this will be available, along with inking, in order to make this a useful tool.

Bart |

2/23/2011 4:13:07 AM #

I've same problem in my Galaxy Tab that I couldn't find edit menu anywhere.
But, after syncing with my PC, edit menu has come!

Bart |

2/23/2011 8:36:41 AM #

Update with inking support will be released in March. Page adding possibility will appear a bit later, but also in the first half of the year.

2/22/2011 5:21:30 PM #

If I bought the wifi edition for IOS, would I still have to buy the android version or is it already linked to my account?

jamie |

2/23/2011 8:39:51 AM #

It is already linked, you can use the same account.

2/28/2011 1:57:38 AM #

just uploaded mobilenoter to my Xoom.....synced fine first time using the cloud....then I took a picture with Xoom and tried to add it to a page in one of my notebooks and it won't sync....gets stuck at 50% and everything that was originally on that page is no longer there.....HELP

Pappasport |

2/28/2011 2:09:58 AM #

Help.....synced fine first time on Motorola Xoom tablet....but then added a pic to a notebook page on Xoom and tried to resync and it failed.  Love this app.....I so want it to work......

Pappasport |

3/1/2011 9:17:38 PM #

We haven't tested our app on Android 3.0 enough yet. We'll release an update when we figure out waht is causing problems.

3/16/2011 9:52:41 PM #

Hi, Loving the app BUT cannot see Quick Notes at all on my Android HTC Desire phone? When I go to sync settings on PC it does not offer Quick Notes. The One Note app on PC shows a notebook "Mobile Noter" but it is not available to include in sync.  ?? Thanks, Eileen

Eileen |

3/16/2011 10:35:25 PM #

Quick Notes are not available in MobileNoter for Android. We decided not to make them because soon it will be possible to create pages in notebooks.