MobileNoter for Android 0.9 Beta 2

Tuesday, 12/28/2010, 04:52 AM by admin

Here comes the second public beta version of the MobileNoter for Android.

The list of changes included in the version 0.9 Beta 2:

· Support of audio files

· Support of hyperlinks

· Support of subpages abortion pill chicago (pages hierarchy is now preserved)

· Increased synchronization speed

· Improved pairing functionality

· “No active subscription” errors are fixed

Also, there is a small change in the Wi-Fi pairing algorithm: now you need to tap on the button "Send pairing request" in order to get the PIN-code.

We want to say thanks to our users for their feedback! It helps us improving the app.

12/25/2010 3:42:05 PM #

With Beta 2, Mobilenoter will not sync with my PC over wi-fi. This worked with no problems when I installed Beta 1.

I installed the mobilenoter sync client (version 2.3.4) on the PC and Beta 2 on my Android phone. I entered the PC's IP address in the configuration and selected a Wi-Fi sync.

When I click the Sync button, I see a "Please pair your device with the PC" message. However, the message gives no instructions on now to do this.

The instructions on the website indicate that I should see a "Pairing PIN" window on the phone after entering the PC's IP address. However, no such window appears, nor do I get an error message indicating that the window failed to appear.

Jeff |

12/25/2010 9:07:40 PM #

Hello Jeff,

Have you used the "Send pairing request" button after you've entered the IP address?

12/26/2010 10:23:41 AM #

Thanks, that fixed the problem. I was referring to the procedure on the help page rather than the one on this page.

Jeff |

1/16/2011 3:05:26 AM #

The pairing button never appears for me. Any ideas?

Gerry |

12/30/2010 11:10:16 AM #

Ink still gets messed up and if I zoom in, the ink, which is stored as scalable vector curves in OneNote, is grainy just as a bitmap. Browsing handwritten notes is very slow either.
Else it's a great app, mainly because it's the only app which is able to show handwritten notes at all, sadly not properly yet.

Fraenky |

12/30/2010 5:53:26 PM #

Liking it so far and looking forward to being able to create and edit notes.

Been comparing MobileNoter / OneNote (on PC and Android) to Evernote and I have to say I've given up on Evernote.  The Evernote Android app has a serious bug and they showed little initiative when I reported it.  So it looks like MobileNoter it is.

Keep up the good work!

Paul Anderson |

12/31/2010 5:07:41 PM #

I installed everything. Is it also possible to sync via the USB cable? The thing is that in our company due to some regulations we do not have wifi in use normally, also if I can get the laptop to the wifi hooked up I would still not be allowed to connect my HTC Desire to it.
My mobilenoter notebook is pretty big, too big to sync via the cloud.
Any solutions to this problem or why USB sync is not supported?
I would love to sync and see how it looks on my mobile Smile

patrick |

12/31/2010 5:38:04 PM #

About hyper links.

I added a link to a graphic, it will not open.
A normal link like works fine.
A link to an other page does also not work.

I am also looking forward to being able to create and edit on my HTC Desire.

patrick |

1/2/2011 7:32:12 PM #

Patrick, inter-notebook links are not supported yet. Where do you store this graphic?

1/11/2011 4:45:40 PM #

I drag and droped the picture from MyPicutres folder and added a link. On the device when clicking the picture I get the message "this link can not be opened"

patrick |

12/31/2010 9:23:26 PM #

I m getting "Please pair your device with pc" error. can anybody tell me whether it is working

Ashfaq |

1/2/2011 7:33:18 PM #

Please enter your PC name or IP address and then use the button "Send pairing request".

1/16/2011 2:58:55 AM #

I don't get that button when I enter an IP address or PC name. Of course, when I click on sync, I get "please pair your device...", but have no way of actually pairing it.

Gerry |

1/16/2011 3:04:24 AM #

I never get that button, so am unable to pair. Any ideas?

Gerry |

1/16/2011 3:57:41 AM #

Please press the hardware menu button on your device and it will appear.

12/31/2010 9:34:51 PM #

I like the app and am looking forward to create/edit capabilities.

I have run across an issue -- From Outlook 2010 I saved an email (w/PDF attachment) to OneNote 2010.  I ran sync and the email shows up fine on the Android.  However, when I try to open/view the pdf attachment I only get a "creating thumbnails" message, then a view of the two images that were attached to the sig file of the email.

I have tested this with other emails/attachment formats -- if there are multiple attachments to the saved email I can open all the but last one.   Oddly, I did find an email with only 1 attachment -- a PPT attachment that I could open -- in addition to the file type being different this email was long thread that had several replies embedded did NOT have any sig file images in it.

It seems consistent -- if the email has embedded images (At least at the end), then the last attached doc cannot be opened.

MikeWags |

12/31/2010 10:45:11 PM #

I am trying to sync with an Android phone via the cloud and it always hangs at 10% - I don't think the notebook is corrupt as it syncs fine on my Ipad etc. I've tried beta 1&2 and installed both several times.

Any help you can give would be gratefully received!

Andrew Townsend |

1/2/2011 7:46:18 PM #

It's possible that sync hangs at the moment of transferring a page which contains something unsupported or a file which is too large and cannot be handled by an Android device. You may try splitting your notebook into smaller parts and try to localize the problem.

12/31/2010 11:23:05 PM #

My question is when can the Android version take templates form One note and update  them and change them?

steven Bacon |

1/2/2011 7:54:10 PM #

Editing functionality will be implemented in Q1 2011.

1/1/2011 5:32:37 AM #

Have been looking at a number of note applications for Android, especially that will sync with the windows desktop.  This has the most promise by a long shot.  It is the most professional and well thought out design out there.  That said, it won't be useful until the editing capability is added.  Like the idea of the quick note functionality.  I use a combination of typed notes embedded with scans and pictures.  All come through beautifully.

Any timeframe on a GA version with editing capabilities?
Great job so far.

Todd |

1/2/2011 7:55:07 PM #

Thank you. Such functionality will be added in Q1 2011.

1/1/2011 10:15:28 AM #

still like to play with it Smile

One thing I tried was to open an email which I copied into onenote and synced via the cloud. The symbol of the email is not there, just the subject, when I click that the email will open only in code. But there is the option to open the attachment. When I tried that I got the error message that there was not service to open that attachment which is a .msg email. I am not sure if I need to install anything to open the email or not. Have a HTC Desire.

Second, when I am connected via USB in storage mode, I can not open any notebooks, I get the error message that the sd card is unavailable. (my preferred sync would still be via USB because in the office the wifi has restricted access)

good work, thanks so far

patrick |

1/2/2011 4:05:23 PM #

Are you planning to implement .one format to Android instead of converting them? I really hope so since we have a lot of syncing services which handle sync very well (eg Dropbox with 30 days versioning feature).

Hothan Dao |

1/2/2011 8:11:20 PM #

Yes, such functionality is planned and will appear soon.

1/3/2011 7:21:46 PM #

Few comments on beta-2 version:

1. Sync over wifi - works with a specific IP address, but not with the ocmputer name (with or without the domain name). I've sent a specific description in an email.
2. Edit function - hope to see it soon
3. Openning an email (exchange) attchement - wasn't able to do it so far.

TH |

1/7/2011 5:13:16 PM #

Installed PC Desktop Sync successfully. Installed android phone app successfully. However, cannot get WiFI Sync working.

After I enter my PC's IP address I am getting no pop-up whatsoever for a PIN code or now with latest version a "send paring request." Nothing happens after I input IP address and hit ok.

What am I missing something? I've checked and doublechecked my setup and eveything matches your instructions. I am lost.

win 7 x64
android phone (HTC Desire)

monkbythesea |

1/9/2011 12:07:53 PM #

Have you installed and configured the Windows Sync Client?

1/8/2011 2:01:24 PM #

Will there be a version geared towards the many Android 3.0 hoenycomb tablets that will be coming out soon? Or will this be compatible?  Make this so and add editing features, you will make my dreams come true!

Joseph Petrsoric |

1/9/2011 12:07:01 PM #

Our app is compatible with Android 2.1 and newer versions, so it will support 3.0.

1/10/2011 12:52:40 AM #

I use OneNote 2010 and rely on the web based sync to help work, home and travel computers to stay synchronized via Microsoft Live.  My only frustration is the lack of access via my Android Phone.

In reading the site it doesn't look like you are working with ON2010.  AM I missing something?  I really want to make sure htat I'm synchronizing between phone, web and computer access.

Thanks for helping clarify how this works.  If it doesn't, will it in a future release?  how soon?

Jon Eisenberg |

1/15/2011 6:40:57 AM #

OneNote 2010 is already supported for quite a long time. But it should be installed in traditional way, the click-to-run installation is not supported.

1/20/2011 9:00:46 AM #

I use MS OneNote 07 everyday in school but usually I insert a power point presentation as a handout and then write my notes on the sides of the document. I’m currently testing Mobilenoter on my iPhone and found that for some reason synchronizations go through without a problem but those pages in which I have pdf/power point slides along with my notes won’t show on my iPhone. Is this supported? I tried inserting pictures in  blank pages to see whether there was an issue as well and after synchronization they were all visible in my iPhone no problem. Is there perhaps a fee to be paid to view the slides within a page on Mobilenoter as there is on Evernote?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Adrian Cora |