MobileNoter 2.2 is coming soon

Sunday, 08/29/2010, 06:51 PM by admin

We keep improving MobileNoter according to our users requests and want to announce that version 2.2 will be released soon.

New features included in this version are mainly related to page editing in OneNote notebooks:

• Text formatting options while editing pages
  • Possibility to add images from library or taken by iPhone's camera
  • Some new options to work with page content - possibility to delete images (and inks) or whole outlines

What does it mean? That means you are now able to change font size, color, make it bold or italic and even create bulleted lists!

Also now it's possible to work with images without involving OneNote  - you may take a picture and add it to your notebook right from iPhone. And if you think that a picture doesn't deserve to stay in your notebook anymore, early abortion pill you may delete it.

MobileNoter 2.2 will be available for iPhone first, iPad version will appear a bit later. Our next release is planned a month after the version 2.2 and it will include audio recordings support and improved synchronization algorithm. We'll provide more details  later on our blog.

8/26/2010 8:34:46 PM #

Is it possible to add documents(word, excel, ppt) directly in Notebooks' folders from email.

Ronnie Grover |

8/28/2010 12:30:58 AM #

It's possible on the PC in OneNote, but not in the mobile application.

8/27/2010 1:51:26 AM #

These new features are great!  It's awesome to see the hard work you guys are doing on getting more and more features into this product.

I have an additional feature request.  It would be really helpful to either support syncing password protected Notebooks or at least to have some sort of an option not to "unsync" previously synced Notebooks.  What happens is, I take the password off of my protected Notebook.  I sync it up to MobileNoter and then I put the password back on the Notebook.  The next time I sync MobileNoter, it deletes that Notebook.  I would rather that it would leave it alone on my mobile device or just sync the protected Notebook.  Any chance of this happening?

Mark |

8/28/2010 12:33:40 AM #

That theoretically may become possible in the version 3.0, in which the application will work directly with .one files.

8/28/2010 12:29:55 AM #

What about multi-tasking for the iPhone?

OneNote User |

8/28/2010 12:32:17 AM #

It will be supported in one of our next updates.

9/2/2010 6:22:22 AM #

Update: We implemented it in the version 2.2, so multitasking will be supported in the nearest update.

8/28/2010 2:52:46 AM #

Text is showing up much smaller on MN for iPhone than what shows on the MN website examples for the iPhone.  The MN website shows a page in ON and then its equiv on iPhone and it looks great on both.  My ON page looks fine - just some text really - but it's crazy small on MN.  It certainly doesn't look as polished as what is posted on the MN site.

Any tips for improving the readability of a ON page on the MN iPhone version?

Miles |

8/28/2010 8:21:27 AM #

Miles, you can zoom in the same way as in Safari, for example.

8/28/2010 9:41:46 AM #

Sure, of course. But the format still looks nothing like the exactness of the ON to MN examples that are on the MN website.

I'm wondering if you have tips on which font and font size look best on MN.  Note: MN is still terrific, very impressive.

Miles |

9/2/2010 6:26:35 AM #

Some fonts in MobileNoter do not match fonts in OneNote because these fonts do not exist in iOS and they get replaced by the Times New Roman font by default. We cannot influence it anyhow.

8/28/2010 1:57:53 PM #

Just yesterday I was discussing with a colleague how much we love MS OneNote, and we were lamenting the fact that we could not use it on our iPhones and iPads.  I discovered this program last night after a quick Google search and have been showing it to several friends and colleagues at work.  This is a remarkable product and seems to be getting better with each successive update.  Thank you for all your hard work.

Victoria Faye |

9/2/2010 8:52:05 AM #

Thank you, Victoria!

8/31/2010 6:19:21 AM #

I still cannot get this to run with OneNote 2010 because of the Click to Run platform (?) -- any chance of fixing this?

Allen Ross |

9/2/2010 7:19:53 AM #

You can remove the "Click to Install" version and download the full version from Microsoft's website.

Make sure to select "Additional Options" instead of the "Download" link when you get to that point.  There you will find options to download an x86 or x64 option

Bradley |

8/31/2010 6:48:31 AM #

I love your app but there's one thing preventing me from using it. When are you going to include syncing with the Live services. Microsoft has already done all the development work and has an awesome syncing tool. I'd love to be able to access OneNote files from my Iphone and I suspect its going to be a long time before Microsoft releases one for an Apple product. So, that means you are the best game in town. All you need to include is syncing through Microsoft's systems and I'll be on board.

Come on, Please!

Dustin |

9/5/2010 4:52:16 PM #

Hello Dustin,

Maybe it will be possible in MobileNoter 3.0, it's hard to say for sure at this moment. It will need a lot of work.

9/9/2010 9:00:16 AM #

Agree: it's a really great product - and I think I've sorted out how to sync with your Windows Live files - at least it works for me!
I have all my OneNote files saved on SkyDrive (and not locally on my pc's, but sync these files with my pc: you have to open the Notebooks stored on Skydrive from your pc. (I'm not very computer literate, but understand that a local copy is kept on your computer's cache). When I then sync MobileNoter with the files on one of these computers, they are all in sync and I can access all my notebooks through my new Iphone 4!

Hope it works for you too!

Ole |

9/2/2010 5:19:34 PM #

Firstly, i would like to thank you and congratulate you for your great app.
Could you please arrange for a future release an iphone 4 (higher resolution icons etc) compatible version?
Thank you!

Vagelis |

9/5/2010 4:54:11 PM #

Vagelis, thank you! Possibly we'll make it with UI reorganization.

9/3/2010 6:04:32 AM #

Hi Anton

Thanks for your continued efforts for giving us improved features. A very important thing I am always lament to you people are two:

1. when can we make new Notebooks and folders in one note on Ipad itself.
2. When can we be able to transfer the documents from one note book or folder to other notebook or folder.
3. when can we import documents from email itself in one note notebooks on Ipad itself.

Ronnie Grover |

9/5/2010 4:56:57 PM #

Hello Ronnie,

1. This probably will happen in the version, which would be released after the version 2.3.
2, 3: Such options are not planned, but we're going to enable the copy/paste functionality in notebooks.

9/8/2010 3:57:56 AM #

Please include geotag in the Next Version i like this Feature in evernote.

Ingo |

9/12/2010 9:40:37 AM #

Thanks for the great App.
I would like to support the [TextExpander].

tt |

9/12/2010 10:40:48 PM #

I agree with the comments about adding notebooks/tabs/pages via iPad and hope to see that in an update soon.

I would like to add that I would love some preferences. For instance, when  I open a notebook on my iPad, all of the tabs are "open" (all pages and subpages are showing). I would much prefer to have them be collapsed so that I can open directly to the tab I am needing.  I have VERY LONG lists of pages under many of my tabs and it is overwhelming to see the long list every time I open a notebook.

One thing that I hope will be improved is the ability to edit what I have entered on my iPad.  It is very difficult to correct a mistake while working on the iPad.

Thanks for the fabulous product! I use it daily and am thankful for the mobility it gives my note organization system. I love the interface, too. It is an amazing product.

Katie Shearer |

9/15/2010 3:44:14 AM #

I have problem updating MN, if i change in a page in MN the page disappear when i try to update and not make the  change in the desktop, and i have to erase the  notebook and add again for update MN, I have windows XP, onenote 2007 and iphone 3gs

Juan |

9/20/2010 5:01:11 PM #

Juan, this is a problem related to iOS 4. We'll fix it in the next update.

9/21/2010 2:59:20 AM #

I am happy with the iPad version for syncing (using WiFi). I am recommending the tool to work collagues, and they are all evaluating it.

Problem is, it is too hard to edit the notes in a notebook page. You seem to have addressed all the peripheral problems, but the heart of this app must be on the ease of typing/editing notes.
The quick notes are OK, but editing notes on a page is time consuming and slow. I end up creating different text frames instead of typing on a single one. The touch interface is sluggish and I have to tap several times until I manage to see the red text cursor that allows me to type. It seems that there is a limit on the number of lines that can be typed in a frame - often I cannot enter a new line at the end of the text block.

Can you advise?

Marco Miguel |

9/26/2010 12:05:16 PM #

Hello Marco,

Current realisation of the text editing is temporary: we are going to improve it in future. To place the cursor more easily, I can suggest you to zoom in closer to the text. Thank you.

9/22/2010 11:59:02 AM #

i congratulate u guys for this amazing software.u guys rock

also wd like to know if syncing notes through i pad cable will be possible in future?

sandeep |

9/26/2010 12:07:27 PM #

Thanks! Apple doesn't allow 3rd party applciations to use cable sync, at least currently, so we cannot implement such type of synchronization. But this will probably be implemented in the Android version of MobileNoter.

9/24/2010 9:21:20 AM #

Excellent program.

Mainly use it so I can access my onenote files at all times - excellent for study.

Any chance of allowing saving of voice recording on iphone - say insertion of voice memo's? Such a recording could then be transcribed to text with dragon naturally speaking on desktop pc.

Jimmy |

9/26/2010 12:08:37 PM #

Such functionality will appear soon: it will be included in the version 2.3, which is going to be released in October.