Wednesday, 05/05/2010, 07:33 PM
MobileNoter 2.0 beta with the page editing support is finally approved and available at the App Store. You need to look for “MobileNoter (Editing)”.
As we already mentioned in the previous post, in this version you can edit text blocks and move images on iPhone.
You will need another version of Windows Sync Client for the 2.0 beta, which you can download here - http://www.mobilenoter.com/WindowsSyncClient_beta/MobileNoterSetup.exe
Please notice that this Windows Sync Client is incompatible with the previous versions of MobileNoter. It is also impossible to use SyncClient 2.0 beta with iPad app.
More details on what is new in this version:
1) It is possible to edit text snippets. To edit a page you have to switch to edit mode by tapping "Edit" button in the right top corner. Editing is not available in Quick Start notebook and in notebooks that were uploaded to the cloud using Sync Client 1.3. So, if you use Cloud edition, please delete notebooks on the server and upload them again (deselect notebooks, sync, select again, sync). In this app version when you tap on a text block and select to edit it you will be redirected to the separate edit screen. In next versions it will be possible to edit text on a page "in-place".
2) You can move images and outlines on a page. Tap on a object you want to move and select "Move" icon from the popup menu.
3) The way MobileNoter exchanges data with OneNote has been seriously changed. This results are the following:
- Page background (template) set in OneNote will be reflected in MobileNoter.
- Images set as background in OneNote are supported now.
- In previous version some parts of a page might be exported as an images. In this case you couldn’t select some parts of text, follow some URLs, call some numbers etc… in 2.0 all text is exported as text.
- Page display fidelity in 2.0 beta may not as good as in 1.3. This is the main reason we decided to publish it as beta. Good news is that we will be able to fix most of the issues, we just need some time and help of our users. Please let us know if any of your pages looks differently in OneNote and MobileNoter.