MobileNoter 2.0 beta goes to AppStore

Wednesday, 04/14/2010, 03:04 AM by admin

We just submitted MobileNoter 2.0 Beta to App Store. As usual it will take some time before it is approved and becomes available for download.

From Quick Start guide:

Starting from the version 2.0 users are able to abortion ce edit pages in the notebooks, uploaded from the OneNote.

To perform this, press "Edit" button, then select the text block which you want to edit. Press the button appeared and make the desired changes.

You may also select an image and move it anywhere you want.

4/11/2010 1:25:57 AM #

I'm a huge OneNote user, so I was thrilled to stumble across MobileNoter.  I was in the process of considering a switch to EverNote due to my increasing need for iPhone integration.

My one question is how can I collaborate on a shared note with my wife via iPhone?  Here's a very simple use case - I want to be able to view and add to a shared grocery list via my iPhone or my desktop OneNote.  My wife needs to be able to see my edits via her iPhone while she's at the store.  Better yet, my wife needs to be able to use her phone to add to a list of gifts she wants and have them show up in my note Smile

Can this be done?  If so, how?  If not, when will it be implemented Smile

Tim |

4/15/2010 6:45:58 AM #

It's theoretically possible, if you set up an automatic sync on the PC with OneNote and MN Windows Sync Client installed.

Anton Molokoedov |

4/11/2010 4:46:56 AM #

Sounds Really Great!! Thanks for delivering the editing function!
I am running a Virtual machine in Mac to run Onenote, now with this version as least I wouldn't have to keep Onenote open all the time and drag my Mac slow..

Zheyu Xi |

4/15/2010 5:02:01 AM #

Great improvement, and I look forward to it.  It is not completely clear, but will you also be able to add pages/tabs to existing Notebooks, or just edit existing pages only at this point?

Joe |

4/15/2010 6:47:59 AM #

In this version you may edit the exisiting text and move images. But we'll surely make an option to add pages in the next releases.

Anton Molokoedov |

4/21/2010 12:46:41 PM #

If this was submitted on the 14th and it is now the 25th does it normally take that long to be approved?

Josh |

4/22/2010 1:57:56 AM #

We had to resubmit the application. It was rejected because it is not allowed to use word 'beta' in appstore and there were naming conflicts in code (we apparently used the same names as in Apple private API). We had to rebuild the app and post it back. Now it is in 'Waiting for Review' state (was submitted second time on the 20th). I hope it will be available soon.

Vitaly |

4/22/2010 7:19:26 PM #

Thanks for the response it is appreciated! I have others I have shown mobile noter too. They are interested in seeing basic editing before they look at buying. Nice to have an update to tell them.

Josh |

4/24/2010 11:25:45 PM #

Pingback from

How Was It for You? « Vintage1951 |

4/25/2010 2:59:04 PM #

HI, I signed up for the trial week - I was so happy with it I went ahead and purchased before my week was complete.  At the end of the week, the syncing stopped and I got a message saying I had to purchase the subscription  . . . . which, of course I already did.  So I signed up again.  Still no luck.  Then I emailed tech support - no response yet.

Folks, I really need this to work.  I was absolutely thrilled with it the week I was using it, but I am falling terribly far behind now.  Please help.

Lisa |

4/25/2010 8:11:08 PM #

Hello Lisa,

I've sent you a reply yesterday. Could you please check if my letter was not rejected by spam-filters?
The reply was:
"Hello Lisa,

If you mean that “Sync” button disappeared from the Windows Sync Client, that means previously you have been using the Cloud synchronization (during the trial). Wi-Fi synchronization is started from the iPhone/iPad application.

Best regards, Anton Molokoedov."

Anton Molokoedov |

5/1/2010 9:25:21 AM #

Any news on the update? You said you had to resubmit on the 20th, it's now May 4--did you have to resubmit again, or is Apple just being really pokey?

John Setzer |

5/1/2010 10:38:46 AM #

We have a terrible experience with the app review this time. App is still in review as there was wrong word in the app description.

I'm sorry that it takes so long. The development is not stopped, we actively working on v2 features. Almost finished with tag summary view and editing is now better than in the app version we posted to app store, now text edited in-place at a page, not in separate view as on screenshots above.

vgorn |

5/2/2010 11:07:23 PM #

I chop it gets here soon. The App store notified me of the update for 1.3 and now I can't run Mobilenoter at all. Every time I try to start it, I see the new splash screen then it crashes out. I tried restarting my iPad, shutting it completely off and then turning it back on, but same thing. Portrait or landscape, doesn't matter, 1.3 crashes every time. Any advice? Are others having trouble with the latest update that was posted today?

John Setzer |

5/3/2010 4:46:42 PM #

John, please see the reply below.

5/2/2010 11:39:33 PM #

I justndownloaded 1.3.1 and it crashes every time I try to run it. I see the splash screen and then poof, it's gone. I powered my iPad down and restarted and still no good. I cannot run Mobilenoter at all now. Any suggestions?

John setzer |

5/3/2010 4:45:14 PM #

We are sorry for incovenience. You need to remove the application and install it from scratch.

5/3/2010 5:35:37 PM #

MobileNoter 2.0 Beta is approved

MobileNoter 2.0 Beta is approved

MobileNoter |

5/4/2010 6:38:44 AM #

This is great news. When do you expect 2.0 to be available for the iPad?

Michael |

5/4/2010 8:28:41 AM #

We expect development be finished in May. Then it will go through Apple approve, which we cannot control.

vgorn |

5/5/2010 12:03:26 PM #

I am having some problems. The Wii connection is not very stable and falls constantly, i use other applications with wii conection with no problems. On the other hand the new pages i add are ok,  but  the ones i edit the program not make de update, so I have to delete the entire notebook and upload it again to keep updated my iphone.

Juan |

5/22/2010 10:00:06 AM #

I  face the same issue with Wifi sync - particularly so because my notebook has over 1500  pages. Is there an option to hook up  the Ipad to my laptop and sycn through a wire, rather  than just wifi? Thanks

RS |