MobileNoter Wi-Fi Edition is out

Monday, 12/28/2009, 10:12 PM by admin

Despite all difficulties, MobileNoter Wi-Fi Edition is now out and available for download!

It was approved in App Store today's morning. Second review was made surprisingly quickly. (Thanks to App Store review team!)

The new Windows Sync Client has an upgraded interface and supports both Cloud and Wi-Fi Editions.

So now there are two iPhone applications and one Sync client that supports both of them.

What is different in Wi-Fi edition:

• It syncs directly with PC. Your data doesn't leave your local network. Application will are abortions free sync faster and you do not have limitation on amount of data you transfer. Downside is that you cannot sync via 3G.
  • As there is no server involved,  application is available as a one-time purchase.

Comments

12/27/2009 12:43:41 AM #

I've been following MobileNoter since the beginning a purchased the Wi-Fi this morning.  Syncs fine however I have a question about the Client Sync.  It has a red X because its still trying to connect to the cloud.  I don't see an option to turn this off under settings.  How can I resolve this?

Also, and a little more of an immediate problem if true, Client Sync seems to be using port 80 on my machine.  As soon as I shut down Client Sync I was able to use the port again.  Doing a "netstat -a" didn't show me any problem.  Can you verify that Client Sync is not holding port 80?  I will try some more scenarios today as time allows.

Graham

Graham |

12/27/2009 4:46:46 PM #

Graham,

Unfortunately, Windows Sync Client uses exactly the port 80.

Anton Molokoedov |

12/27/2009 11:44:02 PM #

Anton,

Is there a plan to change this on future releases?  I could imagine this would be an increasing problem as your user base grows.  From the other comments posted it looks like others could also be running into this issue already.  I'm also hard pressed to see where I can prevent Windows Sync Client from starting at startup.  Do I have to modify the registry?  I have other services that fail because of this and have to start MobileNoter on a demand basis.

BTW... it is a fantastic app!  Don't want to take away from that fact.

Graham

Graham |

12/27/2009 10:23:48 AM #

Will current subscribers of Mobilenoter be able to use the wifi edition at no cost?

Ben Wong |

12/27/2009 4:50:06 PM #

Ben,

That's possible. Please contact us via e-mail.

Anton Molokoedov |

12/27/2009 11:30:49 AM #

I just get "Sorry, synchronization service is not available. Please try again later."

Sue |

12/27/2009 4:43:41 PM #

Sue,

You should open the incoming connections in your PC on port 80.

Anton Molokoedov |

12/28/2009 6:39:38 AM #

And where can I find instructions for doing that in Windows 7?

Sue |

12/30/2009 11:04:50 AM #

Still doesn't work after opening port 80. So much for the 7 day trial. Guess I'll wait and see how the sync to cloud feature in OneNote 2010 is gonna work.

Sue |

12/30/2009 3:32:39 PM #

HI,

I got mine to work. I figured I have a local webserver running, so that was using my port 80. Hence the mobilenoter client didn't work.

So check if you have a program running that is using that port and disable that (closing it) and see if it works then Smile

My 2 cents worth Smile

Jeff

Jeffrey Kranenburg |

12/27/2009 8:16:23 PM #

I'm trying to use mobile noter wifi with windows 7 running within Sun VirtualBox on a macbook pro. I also get the "Sorry, synchronization service is not available. Please try again later." error even though the firewall is turned off on the macbook and within windows.

Tim |

12/28/2009 12:15:36 AM #

Great App guys.  I've purchased the Wi-Fi edition and am playing with the cloud edition as well. so far working pretty well for me in both cloud and W-Fi.  I'm on an iPhone 3GS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Things I'd like to see in future releases:
1. Ability to Search Notebooks
2. Ability to designate which notebooks sync via wi-fi and which via cloud (I may want to continue using both applications)  I have some very large OneNote Notebooks which exceed capacity of the cloud.

Mike |

12/28/2009 12:26:51 PM #

You can search the notebook your in by dragging your finger down on the screen.  It will pull down from the top.

Graham |

1/1/2010 8:11:10 PM #

Not on my version it doesn't.

Tim |

1/2/2010 10:02:02 AM #

Tim,
Search pane is shown only when 'Combine pages with sections' setting is enabled. This will be improved in next releases.

Vitaly |

12/30/2009 7:19:27 AM #

All the best for the New Year guys.
Hopefully you'll port this to Android some time in 2010.  Until then I'll keep waiting and watching Smile

Nick Smith |

1/2/2010 10:04:01 AM #

Thanks Nick, happy New Year for you too.

Vitaly |

1/2/2010 4:38:08 AM #

One thing that is a deal-breaker for me at the moment, being an early adopter of Office 2010, is the requirement to downgrade any notebook that I wish to synchronize to my iPhone to the older OneNote 2007 format instead of using the 2010 format natively.  When will the 2010 format be natively supported?

Eric Vasbinder |

1/2/2010 10:08:53 AM #

Eric, there is no such requirement. Only MobileNoter notebook (notebook in which Quick Notes are stored) should be in 2007 format.

Vitaly |