Windows Sync Client 0.8.5

Sunday, 09/27/2009, 11:47 PM by Vitaly Gorn

New release of windows app has been published today. As usual, to install it, just restart application.

Release notes:

1) Pictures were not synced for some users (on 64 bit operating systems). The problem is fixed in this release.

2) Various errors that were logged on the server were fixed (please use send button!).

3) Better handling of network errors. Now app shows more meaningful error messages.

Thanks for everyone who are sending error reports and suggestions. You feedback is very valuable for us.

Comments

9/21/2009 8:26:27 PM #

Hi,

Congratulations on the 0.8.5, it's really good to know that you are constantly improving the sync client! Great work! lease keep up the good work.

The iPhone for me (even with the 75,000 apps) wasn't complete without MobileNoter. Thanks!

Feature requests:
1. Proxy support (automatic like Google Calendar Sync)
2. Support for OneNote's Outlook Task synchronization feature
3. Minimize/Maximize section by clicking section name. Minimize/Maximize all sections.
4. Edit/formatting options
5. Evernote features like snapshot/camera, audio support
6. Search. Also search through Spotlight
7. Email pages/sections

Waseem |

9/24/2009 12:49:44 AM #

Hi, Just updating to 0.8.5 and really enjoying your product at the moment.

Got some feature requests, hope you don't get overwhelmed by all of them Smile

2-way sync all notes (since you need to make changes to the notebooks themselves)
Search feature (just like the note app, so you can search in text and your notes)
Website interface (maybe handy to have a log in page, since it will be easier to see if everything synced properly)
Voice recording
Pictures in quicknotes, this is obviously not needed if you can edit the notebooks, but to add pictures from your iphone is a real plus)
Swipe to delete (this is easy if you are in quicknotes and just cleaning up that folder)

Keep it up,

Jeff

Jeffrey Kranenburg |

9/24/2009 8:14:43 PM #

This app is really something else. Onenote has become a cornerstone of my work and personal life. I live by it to organize my life and coulndt live without it. And now Mobilenoter has madean already great thing better. This is a great app and please keep up the great work. Fixing 64 bit vista picture sync problem is very appreciated. If future versions have features other have mentioned as picture-taking, editing, etc., then i would sell my dog for it. Lol! thanks for the great work!

Sean |

9/24/2009 8:19:34 PM #

Oh, sorry for 2nd post. But wanted to ask, if hasn't been asked already, if you could preserve password protection feature for password protected notebooks or have option to enter password to access Mobilenoter in general.

Sean |

9/29/2009 5:53:12 AM #

It is not easy to seamlessly preserve OneNote password protection as we are using API that have some limitations (accessing locked sections is impossible in particular). We have ideas how to implement this though, so probably we will support this in some way in future versions.
Password protection of MN in general will be in the next release of iPhone app.

vgorn |

9/25/2009 9:11:06 AM #

I second all the praise for the product and I look forward to ongoing development efforts.  +1 vote for the proxy support.  Another nice-to-have feature would be control of the Windows Sync Client settings, including the ability to specify whether the client started up automatically.  Cheers!

Reagan |

9/25/2009 10:02:39 AM #

Just wanted to say that I love Mobilenoter. Keep up the great work.

One thing on 0.8.5 though, I'm still not able to see the .png file on mobilenoter they just show up as blank boxes. In case your wondering they're scanned pics of documents.

Also as far as the appstore goes, when I search "Onenote" or even "One note" in the iTunes store the app does not show up. I suggest, to increase popularity of the app, put "Onenote" in parenthesis in the title of the app. This way people (like me) who searched for an Onenote app in the iTunes store will find what there looking for and increase sales for you.

Thanks again

Joseph |

9/29/2009 4:39:49 AM #

Joseph,

Images problem: we still have one known problem with images, when image is set as background in OneNote it is not synced. Could you please let me know if your images are set as backround?
Thanks for the suggestion re App Store. We have OneNote in keywords, but for some reasons app is not found now. We will definatelly try to improve this.

vgorn |

10/4/2009 9:09:38 AM #

No the images are not set as background. However, since I updated to Office 2010 I am able to see images. Thanks.

Joseph |

9/26/2009 8:58:12 AM #

this product is fantastic so far.  a quick question regarding performance.  the mobilenoter exe service seems to take a ton of resources, even while not actively synching.  is this common for others?

deweyduo |

9/29/2009 4:29:38 AM #

No, it is not common. Could you please provide more details using support form (what did you do before problem occurred, screenshot of task manager, some description of pages you are syncing and hardware specs of your PC)? Thanks

vgorn |

9/29/2009 4:36:19 AM #

Very much expecting a version that would allow to connect through a proxy. I am unable to use Mobile noter here in my University hospital because of the proxy. Very much a pity!

Vincent |

9/29/2009 5:02:19 AM #

wow new application add on with such errors, im not interested on this one.

panini |

10/2/2009 3:11:03 PM #

Can't say how much I appreciate this App.  I use OneNote for everything, and having it on my IPhone is wonderful.

One request: When viewing a list of all page headings in a notebook, please show sub-page headings differently (e.g, slight indent or non bold-face font).  When scrolling through countless pages, it would allow one to quickly differentiate between pages and sub-pages.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Jeff Smith |

10/7/2009 9:25:09 PM #

Also, I do not see where I can change my settings to add more notebooks.

Are thes functions available? if so where do i find them?

thanks,
jeff

Jeff |

10/9/2009 4:20:27 AM #

Jeff,

>When I make changes to my notes in OneNote, the changes do not appear on my iPhone.

First of all, do you mean notes in MobileNoter notebook (QuickNotes) or notes in some other notebooks? They are synced differently.
QuickNotes:
There are some known problems with QuickNotes sync of two kinds:
- When iPhone and PC have serious difference in system time (several minutes or more). Especially when you try to sync one app after another very quickly.
- QuickNotes that have symbols '<', '>', '&', ''' are not synced correctly sometimes.
- If you changed QN on PC and inserted some complex content, there could be problems with syncing too.
We are working on fixes.

OneNote Notebooks:
   You have to do the following:
   - Make a change in OneNote
   - Sync desktop app
   - Sync iPhone app
If you still do not see the change, please ensure that you specified the same user account for both MobileNoter applications.
If this doesn't help either, please submit support request and we will try to troubleshoot the problem somehow.

>Also, I do not see where I can change my settings to add more notebooks.

On the second tab on the setting form of desktop app (MobileNoter Sync Client)

Vitaly |

10/10/2009 3:12:37 AM #

I got it working now, I did not know that the sync client was in the bottom toolbar, when i found it, every thing was straight forward.

thanks