Windows Sync Client 0.8.2

Monday, 09/21/2009, 12:06 AM by Vitaly Gorn

We published update of windows application today. Current version is 0.8.2.

To install update you need to restart app. On start, it should detect that there is newer version on the server and ask you if you want to update.

This version includes:

1) Bug fixes. Some users experienced lost pictures and content in some notebooks. This was fixed. As well as some other small bugs.

2) New feature: Sync schedule

Comments

9/19/2009 6:42:23 PM #

Thanks for the upgrade - it fixed my sync errors.

Good start on your product.  I appreciate you listening to your customers for improvements and changes.  I see you are already have some feedback on the initial release.

Looking foward to being a loyal customer.
Tom

Tom Krohn |

9/20/2009 8:38:55 PM #

Noticed that the windows application has been updated to 0.8.2 yesterday but I have been unable to download this. When closing and restating 0.8.1 it doesn't pick up this upgrade and when trying the link on the download page this returns an error. Is this temporarly down or is there a problem with my installation, do you think?

John Kendall |

9/20/2009 8:41:29 PM #

link was broken, sorry. now it is fixed

Vitaly |

9/21/2009 2:48:40 AM #

Thanks for that done now. Everything good. Really appreciate the scheduled syncs.

Think its time Evernote was kicked into touch on my iPhone.

John Kendall |

9/21/2009 4:32:49 AM #

I have not been able to log onto the account on my iphone app. everytime I try to log in it gives me a message "Sorry, network connection  is not available. Please try later". My edge connection is working perfectly fine though. Can you please advise how to solve this issue.

sarvasu |

9/21/2009 3:35:46 PM #

Hi,

Congratulations on the launch! I was waiting for many months for MobileNoter - Thank you!

Can you please tell if you will add proxy options to the Windows sync client. I hope you can make it like Google Calendar sync which automatically works with or without proxy. Also, Toodledo sync tool gives you the option to configure proxy.

Also,

I am seeing two errors with Windows sync client. So far, I have not even once been able to sync OneNote 2007 with Windows sync client.

I would appreciate any help and feedback. Thank you.

Error 1:
TITLE: MobileNoter error
Could not connect to mobilenoter.com/WebService/MainSyncService.asmx. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 72.51.47.55:443.  (mscorlib)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Unable to connect to the remote server (System)
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 72.51.47.55:443 (System)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 2:
TITLE: MobileNoter error
Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'mobilenoter.com'. (mscorlib)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. (System)
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. (System)

Waseem |

9/23/2009 10:16:27 AM #

We were able to fix this problem today.
If you have the same issue you need to install Go Daddy Root CA on your machine, the first certificate in the list on the following page:
certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.seam

Vitaly |

9/21/2009 11:39:50 PM #

Hi,

Just downloaded the updated Windows application (restarted the app and it deteected correctly that an upgrade was waiting).  Tested the sync schedule in both direetions and it works perfectly.

Thanks for a great start Smile

Cheers,
Tom

tom |

9/23/2009 11:57:12 AM #

Hi,

My issue was solved by installing the certificate from:
certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.seam

Thanks to MobileNoter support teams for their help and assistance. I am very impressed by their eagerness to help resolve my issue.

The only main thing left for me is proxy support (like Google Sync and Toodledo Sync) as I am behind firewall most of the day.

Feature requests:
1. Search. Also search through Spotlight
2. Minimize/Maximize all sections.
3. Minimize/Maximize section by clicking section name.
4. Edit/formatting options