Create OneNote pages on iPhone using MobileNoter 2.4!

Monday, 07/25/2011, 01:03 AM by Anton Molokoedov

Yes, it finally happened: we are releasing a long awaited update for the MobileNoter for iPhone, version 2.4.

The most important changes in this update are:

Page creation on your iPhone: Now you can create a new OneNote page right on your iPhone. But that's not all: you can also delete the pages you don't need anymore and move freshly created pages within your notebooks. Page titles are also editable now.

New synchronization, reliable and convenient: now you can seamlessly use both types of synchronization (Cloud and Wi-Fi) at the same time. Also, it's possible to sync multiple devices with the same Cloud account and to sync multiple devices with the same PC through Wi-Fi.

Better UI for better user experience and productivity: another option our users were dreaming about is a To Do tags filter. It’s an ability to view only unchecked To Do tags in the tags summary. Focus on getting things done!

If you want to clean up your cloud storage, you don't have to deselect all notebooks and run sync anymore: now there is a single button for this purpose in the Windows Sync Client. You don't waste your time on running unnecessary sync in this case.

We hope that our new release will become a great improvement to your mobile OneNote experience! Download the update now and enjoy the new power of MobileNoter!

PLEASE NOTE:
1. Before update: Please make sure that all recent changes are synchronized and applied to all synchronization’s sides (Windows Sync Clients, iOS and Android clients).
2. Update all clients (Windows Sync Clients, iPhone clients) in any order. Do not sync between updates.
3. After update: perform Cloud/Wi-Fi synchronization (or both, if you use both types) prior to editing your OneNote content on any side. It will prevent you from losing any changes due to the update.

MobileNoter 2.4 for iPad is coming soon!

And here is a new tutorial video about the iPhone version of MobileNoter:

Comments

7/17/2011 3:40:13 AM #

Thanks for the update!! Great new features.  iOS users were starting to get a bit jealous of our Android cousins ;)

Speaking of which, any plans to support MS SkyDrive in any form on iOS?  It not that I mind paying extra (Mobile noter iPhone/iPad interface and feature are soo much better than MS ;) it would be worth it.

Its just with a 3-way PC-PC sync working so well (MS did  great job ... it just works), I don't want the hassle of running yet another cloud sync service.  But the convenience of cloud sync is such a benefit if you are ever away from your PC!!  My current solution is to run both MN and MS ... crazy I know.

Thanks again!

shinyplastic |

7/17/2011 5:27:47 AM #

Yes, we will surely make MN work with SkyDrive. But that possibly will be a separate app (like it's already done for Android) which would be able to work with .one file format on the iDevice side and, therefore, work with different cloud storages.

7/25/2011 9:23:39 AM #

When will Skydrive support be available for the ipad ?    Eagerly waiting !!!

Vic Verola |

7/25/2011 8:19:55 PM #

We are planning to release MobileNoter SE for iPad (with SkyDrive support) in autumn.

7/17/2011 5:01:08 AM #

Great, can't wait for the iPad version!

But, like the user before me, I'm more interested in a SE version (including all these new features, of course)!

Thanks!

pdg |

7/17/2011 5:39:04 AM #

Glad to see more progress on this app. Like the above commenters, however, I'm waiting for a SkyDrive-enabled version. I'm not interested in running yet another syncing client (on top of CrashPlan, Live Mesh, SkyDrive, etc.) on my desktop.

Hopefully this functionality is on its way (?); when it comes, I'll consider switching back from the official app.

Matt Hauger |

7/17/2011 11:06:18 AM #

I'll have to echo the comments above.  Since I've been using Skydrive to sync OneNote among my PC's I stopped using MobileNoter in favor of the official client.  I don't want to run a dedicated sync client for my iPhone/iPad when the desktop application has a service built in.

Victor |

7/17/2011 2:38:03 PM #

The desktop client notified me to update.  Of course, I have an iPad2 and not a iPhone, so now my iOS device is not updated and my desktop just was.  Frown

What to do without breaking anything?

realistdreamer |

7/18/2011 2:23:20 AM #

Don't worry, the new sync client supports all current versions of mobile apps. Also, the iPad app will be updated in the end of this week or on the next week.

7/18/2011 4:50:04 PM #

Thanks.  Looking forward to the iPad version and not using quick notes for everything.

realistdreamer |

7/17/2011 4:16:58 PM #

When I upgraded to v2.4 is disabled my licence and not its asking me to purchase the wifi sync licence again.  This is ridiculous!  Pls fix this and revert my licence back.

krao |

7/18/2011 2:28:44 AM #

Please make sure the updated Sync Client hasn't got blocked by firewall. Is your account validated in the Sync Client?

7/18/2011 8:43:32 AM #

After the update, the first time it takes about 10 minutes to sync and I thought that something was wrong, but finally I can add new pages in MN, great!
For me one of my best and usefull app on my iPhone and my iPad.
Now waiting for the new iPad version and hope for a Mac client
@Matt & Victor: the official client is still only available in US
@MN: I asked several times to beta test 2.4, but never get any answer...

Claude Wacker |

7/18/2011 9:04:59 AM #

We consider making a Mac OS client, but not in the nearest future. Our primary goal is to make our mobile apps perfect (or, at least, close to perfect).
I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any letters from you in our support inbox, looks like they haven't been delivered for some reason.

7/18/2011 9:25:09 AM #

Thanks for the answer.
Your mobile apps are now nearly close to perfect ;)

Claude Wacker |

7/18/2011 10:24:10 AM #

Thanks! Smile

7/18/2011 2:27:29 PM #

Awesome update guys! Waiting for SE version with dropbox sync tho as current wifi/cloud is just too inconvenient for me. Any chance the iPhone version getting the pretty interface the android version has?

Jimmy |

7/19/2011 12:43:26 PM #

At this moment we can't say for sure, if the interface changes. But if it wiil, we'll definitely try to make it the most convenient way.

7/18/2011 3:05:10 PM #

I have a large OneNote file and am using Wi-Fi (your cloud service is too small for me and I don't have easy access to anything but Edge - and then it's dicey). The Sychronizing continues thru "Loading server data" but never gets any further before my iPhone times out. HELP! I'm lost without this!

Thanks.

Ed |

7/18/2011 6:08:57 PM #

The same problem. What is more strange when i try to restart syncing following  message appears: "Sync failed. Cloud synchronization is running now. Please wait until it will be finished" Neither I subscribed to cloud sync service nor I  have any intention to sync to cloud.... Version 2.3 synced my 2 large notebooks without any problem....

romano |

7/19/2011 12:39:11 PM #

Please send your report to support@mobilenoter.com. They are probably already working on a solution.

7/19/2011 1:33:21 PM #

Syncing only one notebook and then adding second notebook  worked for me after several trials

romano |

7/20/2011 12:26:47 AM #

I have the exact same problem.  Everything was great with 2.3.  Now when I try to sync it first tell me that "cloud synchronization is running now..."  ...i don't have a cloud account, so that is odd.  then when i get it to sync on wifi it never gives me a code to enter into my computer but instead opens a window that says "syncing loading server data" and then times out when interrupted by iOS....UGH  I want 2.3 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i already sent in an error report. please help MN!!!

grahamsowa |

7/20/2011 6:38:17 PM #

Please update the Windows Sync Client to the version 2.4.3, it should fix the problem.

7/19/2011 8:33:22 PM #

I have same problem..... please help me....

"Loading server data" never ends....or it stops with message like this.."Sorry, network connection is not available."..... though my i-phone was near by access point.

I have tested sync with small(1.8MB) note but it doesn't work....

Please help me... I need my note for i-phone....

Jay Lee |

7/18/2011 5:49:54 PM #

What really made me come back from Evernote to MobileNoter is the possibility to create pages using ink notes and the multiple device wi-fi sync.
As most have said, I'm eager for the SE edition and hoping that MobileNoter beats the official OneNote app on the iOS/Android devices.

Orlando |

7/19/2011 3:33:53 AM #

had problems after upgrading windows client and iPhone so cleared server storage to start again using the button on the windows sync software. Unfortunately the new sync of c 280mb of data never finishes and errors  aft a feew minutes and aft a few pages can be seen to be uploading so now can't use any more. Is this a bug ?

Stuart |

7/19/2011 12:39:58 PM #

7/20/2011 6:40:12 PM #

7/19/2011 3:55:50 AM #

Since the update of the Windows client to version 2.4.2 I can no longer synchronize. After a few minutes, the error message:
The MoblieNoter synchronizazion failde. An unknow error has occurred at the sync server. Please try tu run synchronization agin.
what can I do?

Markus Maurhofer |

7/19/2011 12:40:59 PM #

7/20/2011 6:39:37 PM #

7/23/2011 1:40:26 AM #

What is about android? When will you support android tablets with page creation?

Br
Mk

markus kollermann |

7/25/2011 2:03:35 AM #

In the end of Q3 2001. Possibly, in September.

7/27/2011 6:31:07 AM #

I'm looking forward to that as well. I just bought MN and thought the Android version supported new pages. I was disappointed to see that it didn't.

Jon |

7/24/2011 4:01:31 AM #

Someone please help me. Ever since I updated the mobilenoter app I've lost all of my notebooks and have been unsuccessful resyncing it. I've tried all the suggestions above and still can't update. What happened?? Why can't I re-sync?? I just get synchronizing message, then it times out. I tried to downgrade, and I don't have the 1.3 version show up, just 2.3 and 2.4. I tried unlinking and relinking devices...nothing. I really need something to work soon. Been working on this all day! Everything is updated...the windows client sync, the app...what else do I have to do??? Why is this not working??? Do I need to re-register and pay another $15??

Chinyere |

7/25/2011 2:02:54 AM #

Please contact our support team by the address support@mobilenoter.com. Please include in your letter such information as type of synchronization you are using and what error messages do you get when you try to sync.
Also, please make sure the updated Windows Sync Client hasn't got blocked by firewall software and your account is successfully validated (and it is displayed that you have an active subscription/license).

7/25/2011 3:41:14 AM #

I have a validated account. I've turned off the firewall. I will email the support team. I get a number of different messages such as the cloud synchronizing (when I don't have a cloud subscription) and the network connection not being available (when it is)

Chinyere |

7/25/2011 10:50:04 PM #

When will MobileNoter 2.4 to Android arrive?

Jan Holst Larsen |

7/25/2011 11:19:24 PM #

If you are talking about a version with page creation (we are not sure yet that its nubmber will be 2.4), it is planned to be released in the end of Q3' 2011.

7/27/2011 6:46:38 AM #

What is the latest due date for an update for the iPad 2?

Raney01KHR |

7/28/2011 9:57:22 AM #

Its development is finished, now it depends on how soon the Apple  will approve the update. But, I think, that will not take much time.

7/27/2011 6:59:21 AM #

Is there a phone number I can call. I have not gotten a response to my email

Chinyere |

7/28/2011 10:01:08 AM #

Our support team has recieved your letter, but due to heavy load thay haven't managed to reply to it yet. We are sorry for the delay.

7/29/2011 12:58:17 AM #

I was excited that the new version was out and I updated my iPhone app.  However, when I fired up MobileNoter, it said "Data migration fail" - MobileNoter couldn't use the data from the previous version.  This data should be deleted.  Please confirm.  (Exit) (Yes)

I clicked (Exit) to keep my old data, but I have no way to access it as the only unsynced items are/were Quick Notes.  Is there any way to get the data off/converted to the new format in 2.4?

Mark |

7/29/2011 8:09:29 PM #

Mark, our support team will reply to you via e-mail.

7/30/2011 1:29:18 AM #

I updated Windows Client and the 2.4 iPhone app. I have turned off Firewall and virus detection.  The notebooks will not synch. The device is paired to the PC in mobillenoter. The software repeated times out. Re-installing the PC and iPhone app fails to correct the problem.

I can no longer access mission critical data on my iPhone. Can I get a packet containing the previous version of mobilenoter for iPhone and the Windows client while this issue gets resolved?
Please help. Have seen repeat rquest to support team, but no response.

Robert Redd |

7/30/2011 1:42:52 PM #

I have the same problem. Oldvrsion crashes and the new 2.4 doesn`t sync (Timeout). Win 7 x64, Onenote 2010, Ipod Touch 4G 32GB with iOS 4.3.3

Same problem to me |

8/4/2011 2:10:05 AM #

We have just released the 2.4.5 update for the Windows Sync Client. Please install it.

8/2/2011 6:42:59 PM #

I have problem. the sync is always failed  after updating, even antivirus and win firewall quit.

iphone 4
MobileNoter 2.4.2
Win7 64bit
OneNote 2010
MobilNoter Sync Client 2.4.4
Avira AntiVir Prof.

Hans Feuchter |

8/4/2011 7:13:51 AM #

Hans, what type of synchronization are you using?

8/4/2011 5:20:03 PM #

Hello, WiFi.
I have the new Version 2.4.5 installed, no sync.

Hans Feuchter |

8/5/2011 12:13:19 PM #

What error message do you recieve?

8/5/2011 2:36:13 AM #

WiFi synch has become useless in the 2.4.5 update. The initial synch just continues for hours with no completion.
You can see the arrows indicating synch is happening, but it never completes.
My ability to rapidly update files or even get files my my computer has been lost.

Robert |

8/6/2011 2:14:01 PM #

I now have two notebooks that have synched. I have not attempt to alter the notebooks.
Attempting to synch a third notebook went through "preparing" phase, followed by "Sending local data" message. Mobile noter then crashed an went back to the main icon screen

Trying to synch 2  notebooks at one time resulted in "preparing" phase that never completed. Blue error message "server not available" popped up. Closing error message shows the two original notebooks.

Quick Notes has never synched with the data on my PC.

Robert |

8/7/2011 7:38:05 AM #

Robert, please check if there are any error logs, like it is described in my comment below. Please send everyhting you find to support@mobilenoter.com.

8/7/2011 8:17:52 AM #

Multiple error logs have been sent.

Robert |

8/6/2011 2:52:06 AM #

Sync failed
Error occured. Error info was stored in log.

I can not find the log?

Hans Feuchter |

8/7/2011 2:33:44 AM #

Hans, do you recieve this message on the iPhone or on the PC?
If it is on iPhone, please open the MobileNoter app settings and look if there is something in the Error Log. If there is, please enter your username from Sync Client to “Cloud Edition” Settings (even if you perform Wi-Fi sync) and send the log file to us.
If it is on the PC, you need to check the Windows Event Log for errors. To do this, run “eventvwr”, select “Windows Logs” -“Application” tab and look for “MobileNoter”, “OneNote” mentioned in the “Source” field. If you find anything, please send it to us.

8/7/2011 12:20:14 PM #

The message receive from iPhone, log file is send with Cloud Edition.

Hans Feuchter |

8/9/2011 12:55:21 AM #

Hi,
I have the exact same problem.  I have updated the sync client on my P.C to 2.4.5 and get am unable to sync anymore.  I still have the old mobilenoter app on my ipad and its syncs perfectly.  If we are having this problem is there any way we can install the old version of it?  I will send any error logs I have to you guys as per your support emails.  Please fix!

Mona |

8/9/2011 12:44:19 PM #

Mona, we've released the Windows Sync Client 2.4.6. Please try installing it and check if the problem persists.

8/11/2011 6:00:29 AM #

Nope still doesn't work.  The problem seems to be the app and not the sync client.  My ipad which has the old version of the app syncs fine.  Thanks for the ongoing help.  Hopefully you guys will fix it soon!

Mona |

8/10/2011 9:43:28 AM #

tried 2.4.6 again.
Dropped data

Tried to synch one notebook at a time
First notebook synched successfully
Messages with first synch
"Preparing" followed by loading server data"
Success
Attempted to synch second notebook.
Message "preparing"" lasted 2-30 minutes
2nd notebook did not synch
program returned to installed notebook page
1st notebook still installed.

Attempted to synch 2nd notebook again this time success despite message
"Sorry network connection not available not available"

Tried to synch 3rd notebook
computer CRASHED
Message" "Sorry network connection not available.

Rebooted computer
Tried to synch 3rd notebook again
CRASHED with bright spot in center of screen
Message " Sorry network connection not available"
The 2 original notebooks remain

PC Quick Notes NEVER synchs with iPhone

Robert |

8/13/2011 2:04:48 PM #

Deleted and reinstalled iPhone app.
Deleted and reinstalled Windows Sych Client
Original 2 notebooks are now gone
Dropped all data
Disabled firewall and antivirus
Syched  all notebooks--> "Message: Preparing"
Synching arrows noted in Mobilenoter icon
"Preparing" has continued for more than an hour.
Still synching after 2 hours
Synch arorws still noted on Mobilenoter icon.
Programed crashed after waiting 2 hours "Preparing"
Message: Sorry, network connection is not available.

Hope the above helps.

This is very frustrating is there any way to allow temporary use of the Previous Sync Client and app?

Thanks

Robert |

8/14/2011 2:06:11 PM #

Sorry, but the previous Windows Sync Client will not work with the updated iOS applications.
Possibly your problem is related to the port 41982 opening, according to the connection problem messages.
Please check, if you have any application error logs.
On iPhone: please open the MobileNoter app settings and look if there is something in the Error Log. If there is, please enter your username from Sync Client to “Cloud Edition” Settings (even if you perform Wi-Fi sync) and send the log file to us.
On the PC: you need to check the Windows Event Log for errors. To do this, run “eventvwr”, select “Windows Logs” -“Application” tab and look for “MobileNoter”, “OneNote” mentioned in the “Source” field. If you find anything, please send it to us.

8/14/2011 5:51:31 AM #

Having the same problem with Syncing - Updated on iTouch G2 and now unable to sync.  Got 2.4.6 sync client installed on win 7 32bit, using wi-fi.  Worked fine until installed latest version app on itouch, now it just times out.  ipad sync still works fine.

Dave |

8/14/2011 10:33:36 PM #

Today loaded latest versions of Sync and Ipad SW. First sync with WIFI worked, all other tries fail with "Dnyc failed  Error occured. Error info was stored in log." Log has been sent!

Janos Wieland |